so i made up this riff i like but i dont know what kind of song it would fit with so could someone help me? my band is coming over tomorrow and i wanna make a song with it but i dont know what type of song to use it with

heres the riff:
|---------------------------------|-------------------------------|
|--------14-15-14------------|--------14-15-14------------|
|-14-15-----------15-14-12-|-14-15----------15-14-15-|
|---------------------------------|-------------------------------|
its played in straight eight notes and keeps repeating
I'll lay waiting, just waiting for my time to come
ask them and let ur band decide.
sacrificial beaver of the laney cult

~Gear~

Schecter C-7 Hellraiser
ESP LTD F-2005
Laney VH100R *with free cab*
Roland Cube 60
Cort Acoustic
Putting moving chords under it and play it as a hard rock song, it should sound pretty sick.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
I played it in E flat tuning and it has a very ballad-y feel. And I'm probably becoming known for my Coheed and Cambria worship, but it would fit very well into therr song universe so...yeah.

Just out of curiosity, have you tried playing it in a lower register and then you could have the guitar do and make a solo out of it, cause it seems like it would fit well as a bridge or interlude.
wherever you want it.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Awesome riff. The problem of asking what genre that riff would fit into is that it's kind of a versatile riff, so I think the answers will be subjective. Goest worships Coheed and Cambria, and he thinks it sounds like them. It first struck me as a metal riff (until I had this realization), but I'm a metalhead. I think it depends on what genre your band plays. as long as that genre has room for something a little dark and at least moderately fast, it will fit.
Quote by C0_0kie
guitar solo - "meh, every song got one"
bass solo - "OMGZ0R U IS PRO MENZ"

Quote by lucertia.
fapfapfapfapfapfap

burgerburgerburgerburger

Quote by DeAd-RiP
Sir I would like to sex your bass.
Sounds a bit eastern-y, so put that under chords for a bit of an exotic feel.