Hi - I just bought two new guitars and I hate the sound of new strings (you know, that really tinny metallic sound). I want to see what these guitars really sound like, what's the best/fastest way to break in the strings and get them sounding like they've been on here a while?
Thanks
play them and play them and play them. go:
1-2-3-4
on all the strings and then
2-3-4-5
and follow the pattern till the top of the neck. then go back down. done
KENZI199 is from the internet.
lol /thread
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
I knew these unoriginal moron answers were coming. I have two brand new guitars with brand new strings, I don't have time to sit here for two hours each playing the damn things.

In your face!
From Fender's Website:

Make sure to stretch your strings properly. After you've installed and tuned a new set, hold the strings at the first fret and hook your fingers under each string, one at a time, and tug lightly, moving your hand from the bridge to the neck. Re-tune and repeat several times.
Last edited by Tommy Walker at Sep 9, 2008,
Quote by tantamo
I knew these unoriginal moron answers were coming. I have two brand new guitars with brand new strings, I don't have time to sit here for two hours each playing the damn things.

In your face!

You're the one that asked the stupid question, and like Mr Garrison said, "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people".

you can haz reported
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by tantamo

In your face!

So why the **** did you buy guitars if you can't play them. Or are you just here to brag you have 2 new guitars?
Grab each string individually at the 12th fret and pull away (up) from the fret board, stretching a little. The strings are now out of tune, retune them. Grab each string individually again, then retune.

Just repeat. Until it settles. If you are afraid of pulling the strings you can do some large bends (like you would playing) instead.

Using either of these the strings should be "worn in" quite quickly.
pull and tug them a little, not too hard though. Every new string has that tingy, metallic sound. It will go away before long
<|ĐÞŞ|>
Dead Puppy Society
=When the going gets tough, the tough get going=
lol. are the guitars going to be leaving your possession anytime soon?
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
Quote by tantamo

In your face!

lol, send me your new strings + $25 and ill send you my perfectly broken-in strings.
Some of you are straight up assholes and are probably getting a rise out of making fun of people who aren't as experienced as you in things you're confident in. Go fuck yourselves you dicks.
Quote by steven seagull
you can haz reported

Wow, you used to not be a mod?
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one