Will the Bogner Do a good Tool tone?

I've been extensivley looking at the Diezels, they are just too HI FI, for me at least with out a warm amp to blend with.

I'm looking at the..

Bogner Uberschall, but I'm worried it will only do one heavy tone and nothing else.

Also looking at the..

Splawn Nitro, but I'm worried it will be to marshall voiced for me.

Also Looking at a local amp..

The Reason SM-50, Seems amazing. No complaint.

What do you guy's think.

I'm looking for a tone similar to Adams, I've been on a tone quest for 2 years now.
Thanks for looking and your time.

Tyler
Schecter Synyster custom

Washburn custom ( I remodeled)

Yamaha custom

VOX AC-30

Crate GFX-130-c

Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

How many vegetarians does it take to eat a cow?

One if no one is looking.
hi fi?
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Greg Byers '01 Classical (Euro Spruce bent top)
Darren Hippner 8 String Classical (Engelmann Spruce)
Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
lol...dude my herbert matches and even outperforms a recto in every way (other than that the recto's got self-biasing...to that i give it props). Versatility-wise it gets the craziest cleans for jazz, and gets heavier than hell, not to mention that it really really gets a great blues tone on channel 2.

What i still dont understand is what the TS is referring to by Hi-Fi.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
A few people have thrown around the word HiFi recently, and I have absolutely no idea what they're trying to say - I just assume sterile...
Definitions of HiFi:

* Short for High Fidelity, the high-quality audio format used in some VHS machines
Quote by guitar/bass76
A few people have thrown around the word HiFi recently, and I have absolutely no idea what they're trying to say - I just assume sterile...
Definitions of HiFi:

* Short for High Fidelity, the high-quality audio format used in some VHS machines

I'm glad im not the only one confused over this. I was starting to feel nub lol.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
High focus- Hi Fi= Sterile, bland.

Marshalls were built on that classic " Marshall warm tone"

Diezel's are great but don't have any significant warmth, they are Hi Fi or Sterile.

Sorry, I don't dig the Rectos.

What do you guys think about the Reason, the Uberschall and the Splawn though?
Schecter Synyster custom

Yamaha custom

VOX AC-30

Crate GFX-130-c

Morley Mark Tremonti Wah

where do you source this? first of all, what amps have you tried so far? because my amp can get pretty damn warm. besides, generally they (diezel and marshall) both use the same power amp valves and have similar specs. My amp's 2nd channel is based around the plexi and each channel is completely separate from each other. I'm not sure if that's completely same for the VH4, but i k my amp can dial in to a huge variety of tones.

To stay on topic, if you're looking for Adam Jones' tone, why wouldn't you buy a Diezel? Technically he runs three amps at the same time (a recto, a marshall, and a diezel), but he's definitely known for using diezels for a long time.
My Gear:

82 Gibson Explorer
Ibanez '03 JEM7VWH

Alhambra 4P
Taylor 614ce
Framus Texan se. # 5/196

Diezel Herbert 2007
Mesa Recto 2x12
If you want a Tool tone, wouldn't you go straight to the source though and get a Diezel, the one I played was brilliant and it didn't seem too hi-fi.

For you, it seems cleans won't be a worry, considering that you have an AC-30 already. All those amps you listed are great contenders but you really have to try anything before you even consider buying it. ENGL, Splawn and Bogner make pretty great amps across the board. Also, a Mesa Mark IV would be worth a look, much better than the Recto series.

Dude, if you have all that money to buy an amp that good though, why don't you get yourself a good guitar to go with it?
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by korn klown 14
High focus- Hi Fi= Sterile, bland.

Marshalls were built on that classic " Marshall warm tone"

Diezel's are great but don't have any significant warmth, they are Hi Fi or Sterile.

Sorry, I don't dig the Rectos.

What do you guys think about the Reason, the Uberschall and the Splawn though?

You have to understand here that there's only a handful of people here who've even seen a Splawn or Uberschall, let alone tried one extensively & evaluated them. I've tried tons of amps, but I've never even heard of Reason. You need to locate these amps & TRY THEM. If the guy's tone you're after is created with Diezels, you have 2 choices. Either get a Diezel, or try amps til you find a cheaper acceptable substitute. If you're going to split hairs over tone (which is cool ), you need to check out amps, & not rely on the very limited opinions of a handful of people here. While I agree with you that Diezels sound a bit hi-fi, that doesn't necessarily make them a bad choice. I still think they sound better for recording than most other amps out there, but that's just my opinion. There's many amps I like better, but they're just different. It's hard to explain. Just GO TRY AMPS!!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Quote by riffhog
You have to understand here that there's only a handful of people here who've even seen a Splawn or Uberschall, let alone tried one extensively & evaluated them. I've tried tons of amps, but I've never even heard of Reason. You need to locate these amps & TRY THEM. If the guy's tone you're after is created with Diezels, you have 2 choices. Either get a Diezel, or try amps til you find a cheaper acceptable substitute. If you're going to split hairs over tone (which is cool ), you need to check out amps, & not rely on the very limited opinions of a handful of people here. While I agree with you that Diezels sound a bit hi-fi, that doesn't necessarily make them a bad choice. I still think they sound better for recording than most other amps out there, but that's just my opinion. There's many amps I like better, but they're just different. It's hard to explain. Just GO TRY AMPS!!

+1

You just have to make it a point to test out anything and everything. You might be surprised what amps you thought you wouldnt like based on peoples opinions you actually love or vice versus. Do some research and find out what stores are local to you and which ones carry used gear. Hit up the stores that carry used gear about once every two weeks or so sometimes they can get some pretty high end stuff. Thats how I finally got my hands on a Bogner and Diezel. I've been hitting up a hand full of stores now for about a year and a half, below is the list of amps I have gotten to test from doing this on a regular basis. It sure bets the hell out of people opinions and soundclips especially when you can bring in your own guitar.....

Bogner Uberschall
Diezel Einstein
VHT Deliverance
Budda Superdrive II Combo
Krank Chadwick
Egnator Tourmaster Combo
Blackstar Artisan Series 30
Raven RG100
Rivera Hundred Duo Twelve
Epiphone 25r Slingshot (owned)
Epiphone Valve Jr (owned)
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Champ
Marshall VS100R (owned)
Marshall Jcm 900
Marshall Jcm 800 2203KK
Marshall Vintage 1970's something head
Marshall MG100 Head and Combo
Marshall micro stack
Marshall JTM 60
Peavey Classic
Peavey 5150
Peavey 5150 II
Peavey 6505 Head and combo
Peavey 6505+ Head and combo
Peavey Ultra Plus (owned)
Peavey XXL
Peavey XXX
Peavey Windsor
Peavey JSX
Peavey Valveking Head and combo (owned)
Peavey Vyper
EVH 5150III
Engl Fireball
Hartke GT100
Crate Blue Voodoo
Crate Flexwave
Crate GX-140D
Crate GT15 (owned)
Crate Palomino
Mesa Triple Rec
Mesa Dual Rec
Mesa Dual Rec Roadster
Mesa Single Rec
Mesa Stiletto Duece
Mesa 5:50 Express
Mesa Studio .22
Randall RH100 (owned)
Randall RG100 Combo
Line 6 Flextone II
Line 6 Spider II
Line 6 Spider III Head and Combo
Line 6 Spider Valve Head
Line 6 HD 147
Bugera 6262 combo DOA
Bugera 6260 Head
Behringer V-amp Pro
B-52 AT-100
B-52 LS-100
Roland Cube 30
Roland Micro Cube
Smokey Amp (owned)
Danelecto honey tone (owned)
Boutique 30 watt
i hope you didnt type all them out 0_o
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
i hope you didnt type all them out 0_o

My hands hurt so bad right now..... lol just jokin, I have a running list of amps and pedals I demo in the blog on my profile so I can keep track of them... So I just copied it over.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Sep 9, 2008,
Well guys, I've tried already..

The Diezel Herbert, It was a great amp, but he wouldn't allow us to give it alot of juice, and crank it up. So I only saw limited sides of it. The Diezel is a great amp, just not worth it's rediculous price tag. He's getting a VH4 in, in a few weeks, I'm going to try that out.

I tried the Bogner Ecstacy, It was okay. But It had this weird scooped tone, not the mids they were their but I tried 3 cabinets and the amp had no presnce, It sounded like it was miles away from me. Theres no effects on it, so I have no idea what could have done it.

They will soon have an Uberschall.

I'm trying the Splawn Nitro and Quickrod at a local dealer soon.

The Reason is amazing, Obeid Khan makes them. He designed and built all the tube crate and ampegs. It's a 50 watt all tube amp. One vintage channel, one crunch, and a stack mode where you combine the channels in parrellel and, add a gain boost. That amp is in credible.

I'm pretty sure I'm going with the reason, or the splawn.

I was saying in previous posts. I wanted to get my WARMER amp first. Like Adam recorded Opiate/ Undertow with his 1976 Marshall superbass ( channels wired toghether). Then later he intruduced these amps..

AEnima- Mesa Dual recto( 2 channel)- Diezel Blueface VH4- Marshall 1976 Superbass

Lateralus- Two Diezel VH4's one blue one new. Marshall superbass, Sunn Beta lead.

10,000 days- Two Diezel VH4's one blue on new, Marshall superbass, Bogner Uberschall
Rivera Knucklehead tre, peavey classic, and a few more..

I'm looking to get my warmer amp out of the way.
I want it to still do heavy tones, then later I will get a main amp..

Diezel/ Bogner ect.. And blend the amp I buy before it with it. Reason/ Splawn ect..

I already have a nice guitar, I'm either getting a Gibson, a Carvin or a PRS next.
Schecter Synyster custom

Yamaha custom

VOX AC-30

Crate GFX-130-c

Morley Mark Tremonti Wah