I've been thinking about getting a tunr pedal lately, because a song my band is playing requires me to change tuning during a song without making any noise. My only question is this: Can i turn my volume all the way down and still tune? Or does the tuner pedal kill the sound when you turn it on?
most tuner pedals have two outputs, one that is always on and the other is cut off when you turn the pedal on. so if you want silent tuning, plug into the second output jack. or at least thats the way tuners ive seen are set up.

but no, you cant turn down the volume knob and tune. you wouldnt be sending signal to the pedal, so that wouldnt really make sense.
Alright, thanks for the help.

Yeah, i know, but i've never used a tuner pedal before, so yeah
I came here with the intetntion to answer this but it seems to have been taken care of, thanks jof1029.

BTW, TS, do you know what pedal tuner you are looking at?
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
I have the Korg Pitchblack tuner and it mutes the sound when tuning whether you want it or not
Ibanez SAS32FM
Dunlop Crybaby
Korg Pitchblack
Boss LS-2
Boss SD-1 + 2 x Clones... all modded of course
Fulltone GT2
Hardwire DL-8
Big Muff (Russian)
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Vox AC30CC2
Quote by nbroers
I have the Korg Pitchblack tuner and it mutes the sound when tuning whether you want it or not

I just checked that and that is a correct statement. Most others do though.
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by IncubusMan999
I came here with the intetntion to answer this but it seems to have been taken care of, thanks jof1029.

BTW, TS, do you know what pedal tuner you are looking at?

Really whateve the cheapest decent one is, because I need to get that and i need to replace the tubes in my amp, and I don't have a job..So yeah. haha
Still mate, either the Planet Waves or the Korg are your best bets.
Quote by dannyniceboy

Quote by Minkaro

DARK RED TEAM