Is there a way to connect my guitar to my amplifier then to the Tascam US-122L and use the amplifier as a preamp and use the overdrive in it? The amp is an MG15CD
Why not just use the on board preamp on the interface???

As far as I know, no you cant just run the guitar amp out to your interface.
and NEVER run a speaker out to an interface or anything other than a speaker...that will damage the equipment and amp.
Quote by moody07747
Why not just use the on board preamp on the interface???

As far as I know, no you cant just run the guitar amp out to your interface.
and NEVER run a speaker out to an interface or anything other than a speaker...that will damage the equipment and amp.

The interface doesn't have overdrive and an equalizer, so I can basically only use a clean electric. Is there a way to have overdrive in the recording then? Or do I just have to mic the amp?
Connect the "emulated line out" to the Tascam. There's no harm to be done, as it's not a speaker level output. All you need is a cable like this (try Sweetwater if you don't want to wait).
Quote by keiron_d
thank you sooooooo much for the advice Fast_Fingers...i would hug you if i could...i looooove you!

True love exists in UG. Can you feel it?

Recording Guitar Amps 101
Last edited by Fast_Fingers at Sep 9, 2008,
Quote by Fast_Fingers
Connect the "emulated line out" to the Tascam. There's no harm to be done, as it's not a speaker level output. All you need is a cable like this (try Sweetwater if you don't want to wait).

I connected the guitar to the amp's input, and the Tascam to the emulated line out. Nothing happened, no recording. Am I doing anything wrong?
Quote by moody07747
you may have to change some software or interface settings to let the computer know where the audio is being input at the interface.

But the thing is, the Tascam isn't even showing a signal so there is no sound going through it, I think changing settings on a software won't do much
Go over the manual and see if there is a switch or something you need to change on the interface itself.

you can also record clean on the amp and add distortion in your sequencer...(along with other FX) if running your amp though the interface doesn't work.

Also look over the amp manual and see if it suggest any settings if using the line out.
Make sure you are running a cable from the "CD In & Emulated Line Out" jack on the amp.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 10, 2008,
Quote by moody07747
Go over the manual and see if there is a switch or something you need to change on the interface itself.

you can also record clean on the amp and add distortion in your sequencer...(along with other FX) if running your amp though the interface doesn't work.

Also look over the amp manual and see if it suggest any settings if using the line out.
Make sure you are running a cable from the "CD In & Emulated Line Out" jack on the amp.

Thanks I will check all that