hey,

I have a valveking 112 and frankly... The distortion kinder sucks. And a new amp isn't an option.
So yeah I'm in need of a distortion pedal, but I don't know where to start.
I don't neccessarily play all these bands, but they are the best way to describe the sound I want:

Paramore
My Chemical Romance
Green Day
Blink 182

So basically a typical pop- rock punkish tone. A really smooth distortion, not rough, you know?

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.
Quote by Sabbz
hey,

I have a valveking 112 and frankly... The distortion kinder sucks. And a new amp isn't an option.
So yeah I'm in need of a distortion pedal, but I don't know where to start.
I don't neccessarily play all these bands, but they are the best way to describe the sound I want:

Paramore
My Chemical Romance
Green Day
Blink 182

So basically a typical pop- rock punkish tone. A really smooth distortion, not rough, you know?

Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.

I have no idea what a distortion kinder is, but I think you need a Tubescreamer.
well i personally would go with the Vox Satchurator.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtD9450_u0o&feature=related

has 2 buttons man.
1 button is an on switch.
1 is a more switch.

you can set it up for high distortion and turn it on then jam and when you get to a solo hit the more button for more gain.

or if you want easy distortion but not too easy. put the gain at 50% and play. then if you want full gain just hit the more switch.

BTW its an overdrive pedal. not a distortion pedal. meaning it wont distort the sound. it will keep the sound of cleaness with a boost of doom! but with high gain and the more button its like a metal distortion pedal man. total work of art.

I use ESP EC1000 with EMG 81/85s through and Engl Fireball amp head with Engl 4x12 cab. With what i got im am totaly satisfied.

its a pleasure to own. trust me you wont regret it if you buy it.
Oops, meant kind of, not kinder =P

And thanks for the help. I'm looking into both of them at the moment, they sound great.

Any other suggestions?
What don't you like about the VK's distortion?

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Well, proper EQ'ing can do wonders with most amps.
I have a VK and I can get pretty much any sound I want out of it, or at least pretty close
to any sound I want.

If you want a "smooth" distortion try some lower gain settings, and
mess with the texture knob. I bet if you sit there and play with the settings long enough
you could get pretty close.
................l
..........).....l.....(
.......____l_____
................l
..........).....l.....(
................l
Quote by Volta_91
What don't you like about the VK's distortion?

You're joking right? I'm bad at sarcasm on the interwebz.
You've heard the VK before right? Well, that is what's wrong with it.