A star caster is some cheap copy of an Fender Stratocaster, well for a beginner it is okay, but i don't recommend it..
allthough 100 bucks aint much for a guitar.. the one i tryed at my school worked okay, but you would have to change strings on it, because the ones they come with are shit, and also remake the setup 100%.. because that sucks to.. but if you know how to do that, then you can get a pretty okay guitar from it..
It's worth about 85 bucks, so if you want it, you can probably get him down under that.

It's comparable to a Squier Bullet, and like squiers, they are hit or miss.
Quote by ihavenoname93
dont touch them, they will disentegrate youur fingers from pure terrible quatity

nothing worse than a guitar neck that's only good for firewood or garden stake.

here are more fake guitars

http://www.overstock.com/Gifts-Flowers/Nomad-302ST-Electric-Guitar/3035479/product.html

if i were you, i'd wait to get a brand name. this way when you sell it, you'll get more than $25 for it.

go to a music shop and look at blems or used equipment.

play it for 2 hrs before you take it home. make them fix it or set it up for fee if needed.
I believe it's Starcaster by Fender, not a Fender Starcaster.

That's a Fender Starcaster!

Anyways, you may aswell get a Squier Bullet, those a the best guitars for around that price range.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by BR0THERALEX
nothing worse than a guitar neck that's only good for firewood or garden stake.

if i were you, i'd wait to get a brand name. this way when you sell it, you'll get more than $25 for it.

Quote by Phoenix-Kun
100 bucks for 2 straps and a gig bag and a Starcaster?

WTF is a starcaster?

http://cgi.ebay.com/FENDER-STARCASTER-STRAT-STYLE-ELECTRIC-GUITAR-w-GIGBAG_W0QQitemZ280265348961QQihZ018QQcategoryZ33039QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

The gig bag is not padded much. the strap is meh cheap as well.

wait for a sale a guitarcenter. play it before you buy.
Yeah if you replace the Starcasters setup ( neck, wammy, bridge, pickups, strings, knobs, ) You got a decint guitar

A7X
SEPTEMBER????

Dude, you're not getting it are you? Stop commenting on all of these Starcaster threads from LAST YEAR!
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
But only then. You should just get a bullet TS if $100 is your price range.
Oh, crap, your right Natrone. Dang n00b.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
speaking of cruddy fender remake starter guitars, my starter was a baja strat, it makes the starcaster look like a MIA Deluxe. here is the link
this is the only link I could find
http://dealspl.us/baja_electric_starter_pack_solid_body_electric_guitar_and_amp_40554
My Gear
PRS SE Custom
Fender Standard Customized Fat Strat
Baby Taylor Acoustic
Peavey Valveking 212
Boss SOD-1
Boss DD-3
Dunlop Crybaby
Peavey Channel Selector
Fender 25R practice amp
Quote by Phoenix-Kun
100 bucks for 2 straps and a gig bag and a Starcaster?

WTF is a starcaster?

I had one of these starcaster's for my very first guitar...worked for about 2 years then kinda went downhill. I don't like them but you might