I haven't seen any threads about eyesight or vision, so I thought I'd make one. I have REALLY crappy eyesight for a 14 year old (too much time playing games on the computer as a kid), and I'm trying some eye excercises.

I have developed an obsession with trying to find a way to improve my eyesight, and I find the eye excercise called Palming is very good especially to relieve eye stress. Put your hands over your eyes and let the warmth of your hands relax your eyes. Take deep breaths and do this for about 2 minutes. I listen to soft music while I do this and after each session my vision seems sharper, at least for a while. But then my eyes certainly do feel more relaxed.

PS. I have no idea what my eyesight is, my optometrist said something about negative 7?
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Have to give you props that the funniest post I read in a while
Quote by GogglesVK

hazardmaster has won this thread.

Fender Stratocaster 57' Reissue (Japanese)
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Last edited by hazardmaster at Sep 9, 2008,
i have crap eyesight, i'm incredibly short sighted, i get glasses and contacts
i don't care about trying to impove it til i'm old enough for lazer eye treatment
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
I used to wear glasses when I was young, though I've grown out of whatever was wrong now.

I'm 14, too, TS. It is possible to out-grow these things.
i have terrible eyesight, anything mroe than a metre in front of me is very blurred.
Quote by lotsofvolume
I used to wear glasses when I was young, though I've grown out of whatever was wrong now.

I'm 14, too, TS. It is possible to out-grow these things.

'Out grow'? I don't think I can. I can't read a book unless it is LITERALLY about 4 inches away. I spend like 3 hours a day on the comp. It really sucks cause people are really stereotyped and automatically assume glasses-wearers are smart and geeky.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I have poor eyesight in my left eye, something like 0.5 and my right eye is completely blind and it has strabismus. I'm going to see a doctor someday and see if it can be fixed.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28
- or + refers to short or long sight.
I am -1.5.
I'm a short sighted mofo and it's crap.
peter

Last edited by GOD on the 7th day
Quote by hazardmaster
'Out grow'? I don't think I can. I can't read a book unless it is LITERALLY about 4 inches away. I spend like 3 hours a day on the comp. It really sucks cause people are really stereotyped and automatically assume glasses-wearers are smart and geeky.

Well, let's say, perhaps you cannot enhance your eye-sight, but you can reduce the damages.

How close do you sit facing the computer? Never sit too close.

Too much masterbation when i was young
God and Country are an unbeatable team; they break all records for oppression and bloodshed.
Quote by lotsofvolume
Well, let's say, perhaps you cannot enhance your eye-sight, but you can reduce the damages.

How close do you sit facing the computer? Never sit too close.

I heard it is bad to use glasses at the computer, for reading, etc. Because glasses are meant to be used at stuff 20 ft away (I'm short sighted), and it's too powerful at short distance stuff.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
I havn't had my eyesight checked for ages. It's meant to be quite good, but I always feel like it's getting worse.
I have 27/20 vision in both eyes although my left is slightly stronger than the other. that means what you can read at 20 ft I can read at 27 ft.
Quote by StillSoundRG
I don't like you ACFCPatrick. Your views differ from mine.
Quote by hazardmaster
I heard it is bad to use glasses at the computer, for reading, etc. Because glasses are meant to be used at stuff 20 ft away (I'm short sighted), and it's too powerful at short distance stuff.

You can get glasses that fix short sightedness and those that fix long sightedness.
Quote by fretsonfire74
You can get glasses that fix short sightedness and those that fix long sightedness.

How do they 'fix' it? Glasses cannot fix your eyesight, they're like a hearing aid. It gives your sense perfection but your actualy eyes/ears do not real work, so they weaken and tire and therefore become worse.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
My eyes are around -12, I have genetic astigmatsim, my eyes are more oval than round so the lens is focused miles away from where my retina actually is.
- 5 in both eyes. Been wearing glasses since I was 7 years old. Contacts didn't work for me though. My eyes were too dry. I might consider lasering in a few years.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by freedoms_stain
My eyes are around -12, I have genetic astigmatsim, my eyes are more oval than round so the lens is focused miles away from where my retina actually is.

Holy fack

I have like -0.50 on one and -0-75 on the other. And I think mine is blurry
I don't know why but even though I used to spend hours in front of the TV and on video games when I was younger, I still have perfect eyesight and I'm 18 now.
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Quote by Våd Hamster
Holy fack

I have like -0.50 on one and -0-75 on the other. And I think mine is blurry
Yup, I can't read without glasses, I need to have my eye about an inch from the page, which is so close I have to shut one in order to see it at all.

I can't distinguish facial features from a few feet away, it's like a pink circle of nothing, and I can't really determine sexes from a few meters away.

Life looks like a crappy oil painting to me.
I have -7, is that -7/20? =\ I don't understand the system.
ಠ_ಠ WILL GIVE HEAD

Quote by Myxer
Quote by GogglesVK

Vox Valvetronix AD15VT
Does anyone else see these two symptoms? Im not shure what they are affiliated with? :S

When looking at a dark object behind a white wall do you see a red and blue outline? A red on one side and blue on the other?

And small white particles going around quickly in a pitch dark room or thing? I just began noticing these.