well a weird thing happened to me a while back. i live in germany, and i decided it was time i watched scarface. so i went to a dvd shop and bought it (dvds have language choice).

so i was enjoying the film and i was really looking forward to watching this classic, but at various points in the film i thought, "wow, for a 'classic' the editing is pretty bad". it turns out that the german censor people had CUT OUT 22 MINUTES OF THE FILM!!?!?!!? and it was mostly coke snorting and violence, but there was plenty of that left in.

i only realised this when i was in england and i looked at the running time of the film there, and saw that it was 22 minutes longer compared to the german version. so i got the English version and i was highly satisfied.

why the hell would they cut out 22 minutes of coke and violence when the whole rest of the film revolves around these themes? and the german dvd age rating is a 16; the english one is an 18. if the germans thought i was "too much" for their audience they should have just made it an 18 as well.

discuss.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
"Say hello to my little fr-*click* bunny!"
Thorns Of Creation
Melodic Death Metal from Oregon
Check us out.

Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.
because the germans don't like violence any more? :S
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
They made the creators of Carmageddon change the humans you run over to zombies... bloody Germans!
Quote by Dave_Gray
does tony check into rehab?

nah he just plays scarface video game to relax
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
I know that RE4 wasn't allowed in germany until they made some serious changes to it, e.g no more decapitation etc. They seem v strict on stuff.
Quote by IncubusMan999
donkey the wise, very good

Quote by Metal_Rich
Living up to your name!

Currently searching for more ego padding quotes.

Me in pit = me being bored. Any help is much appreciated.
Its probably to do with making money, if they can cut out a part of them film which isnt tomuch to do with the story line then they ca probably decrease the age rating, meaning that there is a larger potential audince which mean potential to make more money