I'm not sure where to post this so... I think i'l just stick it here...

Im building an EQ pedal but i want to split it so i have one pedal for treble, one for mid and one for bass.

Out of all these frequencies which are treble, which are mid and which are bass?

All of these are in Hertz

Umm... I hope someone knows.
it is mostly up to taste

but my standards would be bass 250 (i think anything lower is useless for guitar, personally)

middle 1K

and treble 4K

and if you wanted presence it would be anything greater, 6-10k

i think most people would agree with these numbers.... i do A LOT of mixing for my music, so if theres one thing i know, its EQ

EDIT: wait, you want one pedal for each range??? so do you want to be able to boost/cut your bass/middle/treble with a stomp? i cant think of any reason to not just make it one pedal, but maybe you're more of a brilliant inventor than i am

And I prefer EQs with atleast 5 controls just because whats in between the basic 3 are very important to me
Last edited by insatyrguitar at Sep 9, 2008,
There's very little point in having three separate pedals, that kind of defeats the object of an EQ pedal.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
There's very little point in having three separate pedals, that kind of defeats the object of an EQ pedal.

Well im going to make a few. Two or three frequencies for each pedal. If i have two Mid control pedals one stomp could switch from a heavier, mid cut to a crunchier mid boost.

I'm only going to have one pedal for bass, mid etc. for the first ones i make. Like a prototype When ive nailed the curcuit and ive figured out how to stop it from draining the battery to fast il stick in all in one pedal...

Quote by insatyrguitar
it is mostly up to taste

but my standards would be bass 250 (i think anything lower is useless for guitar, personally)

middle 1K

and treble 4K

and if you wanted presence it would be anything greater, 6-10k

i think most people would agree with these numbers.... i do A LOT of mixing for my music, so if theres one thing i know, its EQ

EDIT: wait, you want one pedal for each range??? so do you want to be able to boost/cut your bass/middle/treble with a stomp? i cant think of any reason to not just make it one pedal, but maybe you're more of a brilliant inventor than i am

And I prefer EQs with atleast 5 controls just because whats in between the basic 3 are very important to me

Thanks that helps a lot. I suppose i could use all ten bands available, but with the design im using it would suck my batteries dry. I suppose with a bit of tinkering i could lower the battery usage (finding ways to use less parts) However it could also lower sound quality.

I'l have to think a bit
Last edited by Final !mpact at Sep 9, 2008,