I have to write a couple page paper on how to do something for English... You write the paper then come in and show the class how to do it. I chose to bring in my acoustic and explain how to play the A pentatonic scale because its the simplest thing i can can think of doing on a guitar... How should i write/show the process to people who know little to none about theory or music? It seams really simple but they dont know much...
Show them the different frequencies of vibration. Explain it to them using physics.

If you don't succeed, you can blame it on the school system for giving the students a poor education.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I get the idea you don't know the theory yourself and just want us to answer a n00b question. Haha... just kidding

Use one of those finger charts

Or make it super complicated by telling them what intervals are present in a pentatonic minor scale, and then tell them the tuning of each string and how to find the notes on the strings.... they will think you are a genius and that only you are talented enough to play such a scale!
Quote by Guitarfreak217
i could actually make some money of this... i jest... but still thanks guys, i guess i should just try to blow their brains out their ears with my fierce logic

I'm telling you, describe it by frequency for the lulz. Just remember, 440 hertz is an A.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by XianXiuHong
Teach them how to whammy without the whammy bar.

OH HELL YES!!!! but i need to bring some Van Halen to play for 12 minutes before i do it too... and your so smart jackoffjill...of course 440 hrtz is an A
Quote by Guitarfreak217
OH HELL YES!!!! but i need to bring some Van Halen to play for 12 minutes before i do it too... and your so smart jackoffjill...of course 440 hrtz is an A

I'm only smart because I've come up with an idea where you cannot do badly. If you fail to explain music theory to people, you can blame it on their lack of education on how sound works, which means the teacher and his comrades are at fault, not you. If they understand what you're say, then you've obviously been able to teach something and you will do well anyway.
Quote by vintage x metal

i know this kind of thing. i remember i had the same assignment way back when i was in primary school. you have to describe every single action in meticulous detail so that the dumbest person could follow it.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Why just the A scale? Why not all as it just involves moving up and down the fretboard.
Quote by LedZeppelin9345
i know this kind of thing. i remember i had the same assignment way back when i was in primary school. you have to describe every single action in meticulous detail so that the dumbest person could follow it.

ha...yes... We are supposed to be able to do it like blind folded...its pretty lame, but i think ill get a decent grade because my teacher wont know what im talking about and she wont want to say im wrong