I plan to start learning the guitar soon and i was wondering what's the difference between classical guitars and accoustic guitars.

Many thanks
Classical guitars are still acoustic. The difference is that Classical uses nylon strings while a "standard" acoustic uses steel.
Equipment:
---Ibanez RG5EX1 & Montage
---DigiTech RP250 & Jamman Stereo
---Stagg S300 (The 'S' is for Sucks)
---Yamaha G-55A

Please view my deviantArt page.
I have some pictures of a few of my guitars.
The main differences are that...

"Classical" guitars use nylon strings, are generally smaller in body size, greater nut width, and have no inlays.

"Acoustic" guitars on the other hand use steel strings, have 6 or 12 strings, usually larger body, narrower (in comparison) at the nut, and have some form of standard inlay pattern (usually dots).
Quote by Drew_Entreri
Classical guitars are still acoustic. The difference is that Classical uses nylon strings while a "standard" acoustic uses steel.

...NOT.

Acoustic guitars tend to have a thinner neck, more then 19 frets, a different way to connenct the strings, a bigger body, that black thing under the whole which I don't remember it's name, and.. um.. that's all I can think of right now I guess.

Classicals are all pretty much built by the classic standards, while acoustics are designed in many different ways.
Quote by Shaharz
...NOT.

Acoustic guitars tend to have a thinner neck, more then 19 frets, a different way to connenct the strings, a bigger body, that black thing under the whole which I don't remember it's name, and.. um.. that's all I can think of right now I guess.

Classicals are all pretty much built by the classic standards, while acoustics are designed in many different ways.

Are you talking about a feedback buster?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Actually i heard that both guitars play and sound differently so i was wondering wether normal accoustic can play the songs i want to
Quote by Someone that needs to read up
...NOT.

Not what? Classical guitars have nylon strings. Or is it that classical guitars are not acoustic either?

Quote by Tom

+1, my favourite post there is this one: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showpost.php?p=12893702&postcount=11
I suppose the question you really need to ask is what would kind of music would you like to play. If it is stuff like Chillies, Foo Fighters, Radiohead etc unplugged style then you probably want to go for a steel string acoustic. Go to your local guitar shop and get them to help you choose something that fits your budget..happy playing
I'd say unless you solely want to play classical, get an acoustic. I play classical stuff all the time on my acoustic, buts its difficult to play acoustic stuff on a classical because they aren't made for volume/strumming/picks/higher chords/player while standing etc.
Gear
Ibanez RGR521EX1
Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-500R
Roland Cube
Spider II 30
-Crybaby GCB-95
-SansAmp GT2
-Boss DS-1, RC-2
Willy Nelson plays country on a classical with a pick and it sounds great and I've heard some great classical music on steel string guitars too. Classicals are easy on the fingers and are generally easier to finger pick if that's the way you want to start off, but you can play anything on them including cord strumming. Another advantage of the classical is they have only 12 frets to the guitar body. Not knowing your musical taste or what style of playing you like makes it hard to recommend what would suit you as your best option to start off with.
Classical guitars have a body/neck join at a different point along the neck (12th fret compared to 14th), have different body shapes/sizes construction (usually smaller), have a wider and flatter fretboard and nylon strings that attach to the bridge differently.