i'm a guitar player andnot much of a singer but i'm trying to test it out in my bedroom. I home record, have the good setup, etc. every time i go to sing though i just can't, and when i do the playback is terrible for me. I don't want to hear myself sing but people say it's ok.

does anyone else have this problem?
i really want to kick it.
what did you do?
just do it other and other again
you dont need to show anyone the recordings just keep on recording yourself
you will eventually get your confidence up
like playing infront of people you start of nervous wind up comfortable
Pull my finger

Quote by Explicit User

"Kyle.. Do you know what homosex is?"
me:"...yes... why?"
"Do you want to have it?"
Me again:"...no Anthony..no i don't"
"Oh.. okay.. good night"

haha

Quote by madhampster
Dear god the pit is a force to be reckoned with.
Quote by FuZzY(aus)
just do it other and other again
you dont need to show anyone the recordings just keep on recording yourself
you will eventually get your confidence up
like playing infront of people you start of nervous wind up comfortable

what he said, minus the typos

but yeah, it's going to be a while before you get used to your own voice.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Yeah mics definitely make people nervous.

I'd recommend getting a singing teacher. They have great ears, can train you in the ways you should be singing and when you're continually performing for them you get used to the idea of singing for others, which'll build your confidence.

Also, you pay them to be honest about things, and they'll give you a much better idea of where your voice is at. Things like singing from the diaphragm and getting a good tone don't always come naturally - i know they didn't for me.

Good luck with it
Quote by saturnine1
i'm a guitar player andnot much of a singer but i'm trying to test it out in my bedroom. I home record, have the good setup, etc. every time i go to sing though i just can't, and when i do the playback is terrible for me. I don't want to hear myself sing but people say it's ok.

does anyone else have this problem?
i really want to kick it.
what did you do?

I tend to sing along with a song and when hearing it on my headphones it sounds great.

After playing back my vocal track alone I find I have to use a pitch corrector and some EQ to fix it up though....

Personally I just fix my vocals up as best I can and stick them in the song, or ill have someone else track for me but most of the time I'll do it myself...