Thats cool how you can mix the tubes.

How dare they not have sound clips.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
Quote by nebiru
Thats cool how you can mix the tubes.

How dare they not have sound clips.

I agree! You can search YouTube and there are a few clips there.
I really blew it on the affordable part though. I just noticed the full mini
stack with 2 1 X 12 cabs is almost $1,000!
It was supposed to be cheaper from what I heard before release.
It does sound good though...
Quote by TheEsupremacy
Brilliant post.
What's "blah", the amp or your post? Elaborate.

The fact these Chinese Egnaters have sounded like total slush. Egnater has totally killed their name. That said, I think it was a mistake to license their modular design to Randall, as while they are great amps, Egnater has really kind of faded into the background from what made them famous. These tone duds are not helping.
Quote by CJRocker
The fact these Chinese Egnaters have sounded like total slush. Egnater has totally killed their name. That said, I think it was a mistake to license their modular design to Randall, as while they are great amps, Egnater has really kind of faded into the background from what made them famous. These tone duds are not helping.

Those must be pretty simple circuits. How bad can it be? For $599, I have to try one! The Divided By 13 with similar design is $2200. I realize you get what you pay for, but jeez, that seems like it'd at least be worth testing.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Looks very interesting. Seems like it would be the perfect practice/dorm/apartment/small gigs amp. I wish i had $600 to blow...
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
the concept looks great, kind of excited about the prospect of blending 2 power tube sounds in within the one head.

i hope it comes to england soon...

so who's going to be the 1st to buy + review from UG?
Quote by riffhog
Those must be pretty simple circuits. How bad can it be? For $599, I have to try one! The Divided By 13 with similar design is $2200. I realize you get what you pay for, but jeez, that seems like it'd at least be worth testing.

I've tried one...It is a pretty decent amp, especially for the price. When the average pay for a factory worker in China is $4 a day, it is easy to put out decent stuff cheap. I'm sure some of the parts are not top shelf, but we've seen some decent amps, at a reasonable price, come out of China in the last few years. The hand-wired Vox AC-15 and the Epiphone 5w amp are prime examples.

I'm certain the amp will have its shortcomings, but the quality of these amps surpasses any Fender amp made in Mexico. I've been through Fenders being DOA out of the box to watching smoke come out the back and eventually gasp for one last breath...good times!

Bob
Quote by CJRocker

Wow, you're the first person I've seen not to drool over these things. I tried one and didn't think it was anything special. I abed it agaisnt a blues jr (note, half the price) and the blues jr totally blew it away.

Everyone at GC had their tongues stuck out all over this thing.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
There was one at GC when I went a week or two ago. I didn't try it out because the Tourmaster didn't really do much for me.
Maybe I'll give it a go next time- I didn't know it was so cheap, maybe it's worth a look at that price.
Quote by mcrfobtai
I want to try one. The guys at my GC are douches though

Yeah, it was the employees though, but then again, how can you really trust what they have to say?

What surprised me with the amp was the tube blending didn't make that huge of a difference. It made a difference for sure, but I guess it goes to show the amp itself is more important than the tubes it's running.
Quote by Kevin Saale
Yeah, it was the employees though, but then again, how can you really trust what they have to say?

What surprised me with the amp was the tube blending didn't make that huge of a difference. It made a difference for sure, but I guess it goes to show the amp itself is more important than the tubes it's running.

Yeah, evertime I ask to try a certain amp, it's, ehh, how old are you? Really? GTFO!
I understand why they do this, considering the guys who go there but, man, they don't even give me a chance. I just play whatever's out unless I have a lot of cash on me.
Quote by mcrfobtai
Yeah, evertime I ask to try a certain amp, it's, ehh, how old are you? Really? GTFO!
I understand why they do this, considering the guys who go there but, man, they don't even give me a chance. I just play whatever's out unless I have a lot of cash on me.

Tell them you're twenty.
^I'm twenty one and I look fifteen, so you ought to be alright. Confidence=key
Not really, but at the bar all the other people look at the bartender like,"Wtf, why did you just give that eight grader a beer for?"
^O well, it's better than being 19 and balding, ya know? Also means I have to shave less.
the amp looks quite cool. anyone know if places like GC will stock them?
Quote by RG_FANMAN
the amp looks quite cool. anyone know if places like GC will stock them?

I played one at GC, they stock egnater stuff. Not an amazing amp, more hype than anything.