First off, I will explain that I don't listen to the radio, as I can't find any stations I like. However, I realise that I am not the only one in the world, and that others enjoy listening to the popular music of the day.

Well, today at work, someone has put the radio on. And that Kid rock re-make of werewolves of london/ Lynrd Skynrd song has been on three times in as many hours. If you take into account the number of adverts, and the time the dj spends talking, that's isn't a lot of variety. Three times? Come on. That's just ridiculous. Anyone else find this? Does anyone actually enjoy the same songs all the time???

And another thing, has Kid Rock taken over the world or something? That song is al I ever hear these days
It is awful a lot of the time. There are a few programs I like, but it's mostly pretty unbearable.

That Kid Rock song makes me want to stomp babies even more than usual.
That's the same as someone saying:

"Whenz Nickulbacks neww albem owt?.. I jest hurd Rokstar on teh radio! It roookckccs!!!"
Quote by bendystraw
I go down on one knee and do that shit cello style

Songs that people like are played more often, as people like them and when people hear songs they like on the radio they will continue to listen to that station.

Makes sense to me.
The only station I listen to on the radio is the Georgia State University student station. It has a really broad range for a station tuned to 88.5, and they play some GREAT stuff.

They have dedicated blocks of music (including REAL metal and techno), and then have the regular DJ schedules, etc.

I've heard, maybe, 7 songs that I already knew about. I've been listening to this station for two months.

They are truly the ONLY good station in my area.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Fuck the radio.
They say the old woman's got the wisdom
'Cause she couldn't read the clock anymore
She said "The numbers don't represent the moments"
Says she don't see what all the ticking's for
Quote by fallenangel20
The only station I listen to on the radio is the Georgia State University student station. It has a really broad range for a station tuned to 88.5, and they play some GREAT stuff.

They have dedicated blocks of music (including REAL metal and techno), and then have the regular DJ schedules, etc.

I've heard, maybe, 7 songs that I already knew about. I've been listening to this station for two months.

They are truly the ONLY good station in my area.
Yeah I'm thinking of trying to get a radio show at uni this year. There are some rubbish shows on every station, but they get a lot more freedom than commercial radio or the BBC or whatever.
It's not getting repetitive, they've always done that...
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
The radio has been repititive forever.

Take any 4 week period and you'll find that the play list in that month is horribly stale, but might vary quite alot with another 4 week period, although not the ones directly on either side of it.
we all should know why a radio station plays the same songs.

i listen to little indy internet radio stations along with Pandora just because there's usually a lot more variety. i would also listen to XM if i could afford it.

in my car, i hardly listen to the radio. i have lots of cds to choose from, so i only listen to the morning talk show cuz its funneh. anyone listen to the Free Beer and Hot Wings Show? it's from Grand Rapids, MI, but i know its aired in some urban areas outside of Michigan.
Quote by Gmp
Songs that people like are played more often, as people like them and when people hear songs they like on the radio they will continue to listen to that station.

Makes sense to me.

Surely though you can have too much of a good thing? Once every hour is pushing it even for a fan, considering that it seems to be once every hour everyday.

I've heard that song over and over on the radio for the past few weeks, but the radio has never been close enough to me that I couldn't just drown it out. Now though, it's right by my ear. And it makes me so RRRAAAARRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!
Radio is always repetitive.

Thank god for mp3's and ipods.
Pink Floyd is Teh Best

Xbox Gamertag = Nick Schro

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high