Has anyone else had problems getting pinch harmonics on a toneport or the like?

Like I can faintly make them but with no sustain or depth. Where as on a real amp, no problem.
The way i see it, if u can do a pinch harmonic you should be able to do them on a classical guitar with nylon strings. Its down to technique. But i would agree and say due to sustain it makes it harder for them to sound they way you would like.
Quote by fiztech

Like I can faintly make them but with no sustain or depth. Where as on a real amp, no problem.

Yeah, I can play them fine, but when plugged into guitar port, it kinda kills them.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
Quote by clement1
The way i see it, if u can do a pinch harmonic you should be able to do them on a classical guitar with nylon strings. Its down to technique. But i would agree and say due to sustain it makes it harder for them to sound they way you would like.

lol my friends always ask me how the **** i manage that when I jam on their acoustics xD it's funny, they're pretty beginner and can only really pull em off on a guitar with active EMG's on :P you only have to breath on those things to make a pinch harmonic xD
and I know this has nothing to do with the question, but drop the effects unit, I mean uhh, the Line 6 8-)
The only thing I can suggest is to maybe turn the noise gate down or off, I can get them just fine on my toneport.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
umm, pinch harmonics on an acoustic are piss easy, its one of the easiest techniques out there. this is not a technique issue.

will try the noisegate, any other ideas? maybe my usb interface itself?
tremble down, mid up?
(or was it the other way around?)
Quote by ealtdharkon
Sorry to break this to you, but you "hardcore" fans don't HAVE mosh pits.
You have epileptic line dancing.

Quote by NotTheSun3290
Well... I AM a virgin, afterall...
Last edited by magvol at Sep 9, 2008,
Quote by fiztech
umm, pinch harmonics on an acoustic are piss easy, its one of the easiest techniques out there. this is not a technique issue.

will try the noisegate, any other ideas? maybe my usb interface itself?

+1
Thus why I'm saying its a hardware/software issue.
Although, right now, my guitarport + guitar rig is letting me play them "wonderfully", so I think maybe wrong technique, or the Line 6 gearbox just sucks.
Sunn O))):
Quote by Doppelgänger
You could always just sleep beside your refrigerator.

Guitar:
- Ibanez S670FM w/ JB
- Fender 'Lite Ash' Stratocaster
- Fender '72 Deluxe Telecaster
- Arbiter LP Jr. Doublecut
Amp:
- Laney VC15

'72 Tele Appreciation Group
RIP DIO
i use both the toneport ux2 and podxt live to record and can get them fine on both. all my guitars have emg active pickups which may help a bit, idk how regular pickups sound. i never have any problems. like the guy at the top said, most of it is just technique. a hint though, dont set the compressor or noise gate too high.
Microsoft Works...there's and oxymoron for you.
Alright man, this is in reply to the pinch harmonics question on the tone port. First off, all those guys saying that it is amatter of technique, had to learn that technique over time. Nobody picks up guitar and can pull it off without practice. So here is some suggestions. 1. Active pickups help but aren't nescessary 2. The noise gate matters some, turn it down a little 3. Turn on the sine modulation, this is the most important thing, listen to the sound you get, then listen to the early bls albums, sound kind of tthe same huh 4. Turn some reverb on 5. Crank up one of the overdrive pedals and the amps gain. 6. Once you get, it work on technique and learn to
hmmm are people reading my posts.

its not technique, i can fricken pull harmonics.

i use to on my old line 6 no problems. but i cant on this one.

its a gx1
Quote by fiztech

Modeling software will never be as close to a real amp. GearBox is nowhere as good as the higher end modeling software either so....you may want to try a demo for Amplitube or something...

As for me, I use a modeling pedal (magicstomp) and get great sustain and such using an EX7 with it. If you see my youtube page watch "Music Video" and you'll see what I'm talking about. I didnt use any amp at all, just DI to the interface.

I really think its GearBox. Without an amp in the room you wont get much sustain as there are no vibrations around you to help it along. Any interface will work just about the same in this setting IMO.
Last edited by moody07747 at Sep 9, 2008,
I have no problem getting them on mine, on any settings, with active or passive pickups.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
turns out my lead is cactus

also changed to a 25.5" scale from 24.75. had 9s on the 24.75. new guitar feels stiff with 10s so may drop to 9s on it. but get them going ok.