Just read the Ultimate Settings thread here and I was wondering.. does anybody have a Roland Cube? Because the settings in the above thread are great.. but I'd really like to know what kind of amp setting and stuff to use.

So, does anybody have any suggests for how they get certain peoples sounds on a Cube?

The amps included are:
Acoustic
Black Panel
Brit Combo
Tweed
Stack
Classic
R-Fier

My favourite artists are Rage Against The Machine, Muse, Radiohead and Guns 'N' Roses, so anyone that knows how to get these sounds on the Cube would be a great help!

Cheers!
Last edited by The Gore Child at Sep 9, 2008,
all you've mentioned = Rfier...not too much gain though

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
Quote by tamargoguitar
all you've mentioned = Rfier...not too much gain though

TG

isnt F-fier supposed to be based off a Triple Recto? Then shouldnt it have plenty of gain?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
isnt F-fier supposed to be based off a Triple Recto? Then shouldnt it have plenty of gain?

Exactly, thats why im telling him to not use too much gain on that setting

TG
Fighting for peace, is like screwing for virginity

Screw you Waldo, go find yourself!!!!
oh! lol, wow...yea sorry man. just got back from my math class...i guess i wasnt thinking straight and read your post wrong.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Oooh! I always have the R-Fier with MASSIVE gain on.. Good for the dead notes of Creep and some Muse songs.

In alot of RATM songs, from their earlier albums.. The riffs do not sound clean, but not overly distorted either? When I try, I get too much sustain or distortion... Or it sounds too bassy.
well i'm pretty sure tom morello uses a JCM 800...so the R-fier would not be the best setting for RATM. i am sure there is a british high gain or at least a british setting on there, am i right?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Yeah.. that would be the Brit Combo. You want me to post up the types of amps? Will include in first post..