Hi. Please answer. It's important to me.

1. Is food a pleasure for you? Why?
2. What do you normally eat in a typical day?
3. Do you ever cook?
4. Do you ever eat 'unhealthy' food? How do you feel about it?
5. Are you trying to cut down on anything at the moment?
6. Are people diets in your country getting better or worse?

You put food in your mouth
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
I'm very hungry right now and could use some food.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.

Yes, because it gives me a mouthgasm.

Cereal, milk, bread, Rice, vegetables, fruits, Green tea, Arizona Iced tea.

3. Do you ever cook?

Everyday.

I do, and I don't feel good about it, but sometimes it is the quickest option and I have to eat something or go hungry. I would rather not go hungry for the sake of being an elitist-health-nut.

Sugary drinks. I drink way too much Arizona Iced tea.

Getting worse by the second.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
put the cheese up your bum

This is for some form of school/college work isn't it TS

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Yup, I enjoy the taste!

Breakfast - Fruit and Fibre cereal
Lunch - Marmite sarnie, banana, apple, crisps choccy
Dinner - Pasta/meats/fish/rice

3. Do you ever cook?
Yes - often

Yes - Love it!

No - I cycle everywhere so I eat what I want.

Better for the country. Individuals are another matter though.
Quote by voodoo.child

3. Do you ever cook?

1. Yes, it taste good and stimulates different parts of the brain that brings pleasure.
2. Nothing the same as the day before.
3. Yes, love cooking.
4. Yes, something will kill us someday so who cares? If you are really worried about it just exercise like you are suppose to and drink alot of water and you will cure most unhealthy food problems.
5. Nothing
6. I would say over all bad but seems like more people are trying to get better. (US)
The taste is pleasant and it relieves me of hunger. That is a sort of pleasure. Kind of like going to the bathroom.
Food. Just a cup of tea for breakfast, a bun or some biscuits at break at 10 o'clock, then proper meals for lunch and dinner, usually containing meat, carbohydrates and vegetables.
3. Do you ever cook?
I'd cook if I could. So no.
I eat a lot of unhealthy food and don't care.
Nope.
In my country we don't eat people

Absolutely. It's comfort. It tastes great. It fills a hungry stomach and the right meal can make a bad day good.

Try to keep things varied and interesting. I rarely eat the same thing every day but some of my favourite foods are: risotto, fresh pasta, berries in balsamic vinegar, home-baked pizza, ribeye or tenderloin steaks.

3. Do you ever cook?

Every single day.

Unhealthy is far too vague of a term. There are certain things I try to avoid such as hydrogenated oils, additives, preservatives ... but a lot of people ignorantly consider unhealthy to be high in sugars, fats and calories, which isn't necessarily true.

Only "fake" foods. Meaning anything processed, artificial or that's loaded with preservatives to extend it's shelf life. I can proudly say that at the moment pretty much everything that I eat is fresh, "real" and free of those things.

I think there's a slow shift to better eating in Canada. People are waking up to the fact that fast foods and processed foods are creating health problems. It's a lot easier to find better foods in the super market these days than it was 10 years ago. Though I still prefer to hit the farmer's markets and small bakeries and butchers when I can. I mail order a lot of non-perishable foods like good estate olive oil, well aged balsamic vinegar and good quality saffron. Those are things you still can't find in a super market.
thanks, you're great i would say sth else but i can't, i don't speak english (only in school..)
so i can say only thank you but i'm very grateful
i feel nice so i'll take some time to answer your questions.

sometimes like the odd slice of cake etc

rice/grain/pasta+meat+some fruit/veg/both
3. Do you ever cook?
everytime i want to eat
i have the occasional buger from BK. it doesn't bother me much
no

i don't understand the nature of this question but there are many fatties where i live.
i work in a super market and see many fat famlies walking around trollies overflowing with confectionary and ready meals. more burdens on our failing health service and so i guess diets are not working because people are too stupid to follow them.

also weight watcher's ready meals are a crock of Sh1t and a rip off. its just the same crap as normal ready meals just with half the amount. trust me on this.
Quote by garett
I think there's a slow shift to better eating in Canada. People are waking up to the fact that fast foods and processed foods are creating health problems. It's a lot easier to find better foods in the super market these days than it was 10 years ago. Though I still prefer to hit the farmer's markets and small bakeries and butchers when I can. I mail order a lot of non-perishable foods like good estate olive oil, well aged balsamic vinegar and good quality saffron. Those are things you still can't find in a super market.

There's a fast shift towards worse eating in the U.S. People are not waking up to the fact that fast foods and processed foods are creating health problems. Obesity (especially childhood obesity) is increasing at a faster rate.

I try not to eat much processed food by cooking my meals instead of eating out or eating frozen foods. But as a poor college student, farmers markets get quite expensive.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by vocoderboy
i work in a super market and see many fat famlies walking around trollies overflowing with confectionary and ready meals. more burdens on our failing health service and so i guess diets are not working because people are too stupid to follow them
Diets don't work because they're quick fixes that fail to get to the core of the issue. People get fat for many different reasons but it's usually some kind of combination of loving food and convenience and using food to deal with stress etc. and not getting enough exercise. Diets don't address that. They're all about losing weight quick and easy without having to work at it.

One thing that I found very interesting was that when I started studying culinary art and began to care about what I ate, I started to lose weight even though I was actually eating more. I was also eating more dessert. I usually don't eat any kind of sweets or junk food at all but I had to learn how to make things like creme brule and tira misu etc. So I was eating more dessert, eating richer food, not exercising any more and yet I was losing weight. Why ? The obvious reason would be a lack of additives, preservatives and less sugar. Yes I was making more desserts but if you read the ingredients on packaged foods that you buy in a super market, almost EVERYTHING adds sugar. From plain "healthy" cereal to cans of prepared pasta sauce. It's ridiculous.
1. Is food a pleasure for you? Why? depends what food. coz it tastes nice? haha
2. What do you normally eat in a typical day? loadsa unhealthy shit
3. Do you ever cook? nope
4. Do you ever eat 'unhealthy' food? How do you feel about it? yeah, and i feel bad about it
5. Are you trying to cut down on anything at the moment? Not at the moment
6. Are people diets in your country getting better or worse? probably worse
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Yes. It is delicious.

Toast, crisps, chips and sausage, pasta, bacon sammich

3. Do you ever cook?
Always.

Yes, I love it. I am going to die young, I accept it, I don't care.

Crisps.

Worse. We are all getting fat.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
Quote by darkstar2466
There's a fast shift towards worse eating in the U.S. People are not waking up to the fact that fast foods and processed foods are creating health problems. Obesity (especially childhood obesity) is increasing at a faster rate.
I agree with you but don't you also notice a huge boom in the whole "organic foods" department ? It's a lot easier to find things labeled as organic when you go to the super market. My super market even has an entire section within the produce section devoted to organic food.

I used to think that organic food was just a buzz word and a way to charge more for food. I mean, I really don't care about pesticides. There have been tons of studies done on the effects of pesticides used to cultivate foods and in general they're safe. BUT - organic food is usually grown in a more traditional, conservative way. Instead of machine processing, chemical driven, cost-reducing industrial harvesting you end up with food that was actually grown with care and as a result it just tastes better. There is still a place for the cost cutting produce that we've created over the last 50 years but I'm glad that when I want to make the perfect meal for a Saturday night dinner with my wife or family I can get my hands on the right ingredients.

I try not to eat much processed food by cooking my meals instead of eating out or eating frozen foods. But as a poor college student, farmers markets get quite expensive.
Yeah that's the downside. The reason they cost more is because they're not using all of the cost-reducing technologies of the last 50 years. The reason food sucks so much today is because people don't like paying for it. So food companies have devised many ways to reduce the prices. There's nothing wrong with that in my opinion so long as people realize what's going on and have choice. When my family is on a tight budget and we have to cut costs I usually compromise by making one really nice meal / week and eating cheap the other days

Of course I firmly believe, and have proven, that you can eat cheap and not eat like crap. The bread we buy, for example, is so much better than super market crap but it doesn't cost more. When we keep costs down it usually just means buying less produce and not buying good steaks, cheeses and fish. We usually eat a lot of chicken, pork and pasta during those money saving times.
Quote by garett
I agree with you but don't you also notice a huge boom in the whole "organic foods" department ? It's a lot easier to find things labeled as organic when you go to the super market. My super market even has an entire section within the produce section devoted to organic food.

I used to think that organic food was just a buzz word and a way to charge more for food. I mean, I really don't care about pesticides. There have been tons of studies done on the effects of pesticides used to cultivate foods and in general they're safe. BUT - organic food is usually grown in a more traditional, conservative way. Instead of machine processing, chemical driven, cost-reducing industrial harvesting you end up with food that was actually grown with care and as a result it just tastes better. There is still a place for the cost cutting produce that we've created over the last 50 years but I'm glad that when I want to make the perfect meal for a Saturday night dinner with my wife or family I can get my hands on the right ingredients.

I'll agree with you on the organic-boom and the availability of organic foods these days. Don't know if you guys have Trader Joe's in Canada, but I know you guys have Whole Foods; those stores are bustling with organic-talk and are stocked with organic products from peanuts to hemp-bags...

But that doesn't mean that people buy organic all the time though. A lot of people won't go for the organic options because, for example, it comes out that buying a pound of organic apples will come out a buck-fifty more expensive. [Instead they buy a bag of cheetos ]The industry-wide reduction of prices, as you said, makes for lesser-quality food and more processed food. I think that it's a vicious cycle where people are acclimatized to being lazy and opting for their quick fixes rather than putting some thought into what they should eat.

I think the "food habits are sh*t because people are poor" argument is one of the most thoughtless ones evar. I don't think any person that lives paycheck-to-paycheck and is worse-off compared to the average middle-class family goes to a fast food restaurant and orders just one small burger. No, he/she will order a full meal, which ends up costing $5-6. I sometimes make meals that cost $2-3 with nothing but vegetables, spices, and rices, and maybe broth.

Quote by garett
Of course I firmly believe, and have proven, that you can eat cheap and not eat like crap. The bread we buy, for example, is so much better than super market crap but it doesn't cost more. When we keep costs down it usually just means buying less produce and not buying good steaks, cheeses and fish. We usually eat a lot of chicken, pork and pasta during those money saving times.

I'm a vegetarian (since birth - not trendy ) so my bills are naturally far lower compared to my roommates who throw down a lot for food. This year, I'll make it a habit to start buying directly from the source - produce and dairy from the farmers market and breads from the bakery. It's maybe 10-20 dollars more per trip, but it pays off.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Sep 9, 2008,
Quote by voodoo.child

3. Do you ever cook?

1.Yeah, cause I'm ****ing fat
2.Anything good.
3.Yeah (Read as do you eat ****)
4.Yeah
5.Why not.
6.No we're all getting ****ing beast-tits.
1. Yes, because it bloody tastes good thats why
2. Most likely something with meat in it
3. Just about
4. Yes, and i dont care
5. Fruit and Veg
6. Worse, soon people will just roll everywhere, because its easier around here.
"Swim in a lake of death, eaten by crocodiles!"

Gear:
Jackson RR3
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Stagg C 442
Randall RG100G3 plus combo
Roland Cube 30X
TS9 Tubescreamer