So I'm chilln in astronomy and I need two good moon myths. Any help??? Awesome ones would be most appreciated.
If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart.
-Socrates-
the moon is made of cheese.
and the moon is the sun but smaller.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Some say the moon was a part of the earth long ago, before it was removed by an asteroid collision.

No idea how it became round, though. Maybe gravity shaped it over millions of years.

Some say the moon may have been an asteroid that was slowed down and got caught in our gravitational field.
You could have typed "moon myths" in Google and have received an assortment of delightful links. But here, I did it for you: http://www.planetfusion.co.uk/~pignut/moonmyth1.html

Oh, and for the Sabs:

They say that black is really white.
The moon is just the sun at night.

And when you walk in golden halls,
You get to keep the gold that falls.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by GiantRaven
I heard its not real and the USA just project it into the sky from a hanger in the desert

That is true. When i was in africa there was no moon at night.
I did do that. But the Pit always comes up with amazing things that would take a while to search out.
If all misfortunes were laid in one common heap whence everyone must take an equal portion, most people would be contented to take their own and depart.
-Socrates-
The moon nearly crashed into the earth, but Vivec froze it in the air, and it now houses dissident priests who protect secret information.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Last edited by rabidguitarist at Sep 9, 2008,
Look up the flat earth society.

They have something about the moon, and how it's just like the sun, and they move... somehow. I don't remember exactly, but they think that the sun and moon are the same size and such.
Quote by rabidguitarist
The moon nearly crashed into the earth, but Vivec froze it in there air, and it now houses dissident priests who protect secret information.

Gonna use this.
-Socrates-
Quote by rabidguitarist
The moon nearly crashed into the earth, but Vivec froze it in there air, and it now houses dissident priests who protect secret information.

and the best myth award goes to! *drumroll*

rabidguitarist? what the hell?!

Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

Quote by Guitarist132
the moon controls the tides

icwutudidthar
Quote by Dillona
I think I want to have sex with you.

On topic: No, I haven't met any famous artists.

ofcourse i laughed xD

Quote by CoreysMonster
yeah we're all dead now. Turns out we've been in hell all along.

About the LHC

I know someone who thought every where you went you saw different moon

Not a myth but a fun little story
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Quote by Guitarist132
the moon controls the tides

i mean that is sort of true, it is the aliens on the moon that control it so really that is like the moon controlling it right?
Quote by ViperScale
i mean that is sort of true, it is the aliens on the moon that control it so really that is like the moon controlling it right?

Actually the jews control the media moon
Opie and Anthony Fan
XM 202 | SIRIUS 197
Linger Longer
Nazi moon base FTW!
The Prime Factorisation of the number of the beast : 2x3x3x37
The nazis live inside the moon.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.
I love the replies but the project is supposed to be mostly about ancient myths...I would still like to see what you guys know even though I have my two myths (I'm going to use the ministry of truth and the flat earth society. Congrats to you guys). Thanks!
-Socrates-
Quote by rabidguitarist
The moon nearly crashed into the earth, but Vivec froze it in the air, and it now houses dissident priests who protect secret information.

you sir are epic win for playing morrowind!

i dont beleive in the moon i just think its the sun backwards

EDIT: so you people think that was a real myth huh?
Quote by SlayedInTheFace
I would wank over all of you if I was a gay paedophile who liked simultanous gay wanking
Quote by OneTrueCause
I love the replies but the project is supposed to be mostly about ancient myths...I would still like to see what you guys know even though I have my two myths (I'm going to use the ministry of truth and the flat earth society. Congrats to you guys). Thanks!

Woo, mine got picked!
Quote by rabidguitarist

That's not a myth, it's a proven fact.
Full moons cause insanity ( Luna [moon] + tic [uncontrollable spasm])
The 69 lunar landing was a fake.
hue
After the dark history, the moon race came down with Queen Diana Sorriel and Diana Counter to try and live on Earth again but the mustached white doll was an obstacle they had to overcome.
Quote by metaldud536
After the dark history, the moon race came down with Queen Diana Sorriel and Diana Counter to try and live on Earth again but the mustached white doll was an obstacle they had to overcome.

I'm disappointed in you. I thought you were going to tell the tale of Clefairy and the moonstone.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by rabidguitarist

I remember that from Morrowind You sir, are awesome.
There's was something about there being an alien base on the darkside of the moon, or something, that was a weird idea.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."