I recently decided that when I end up saving up the money for an actual amp head and cabinet I think I might go for the Bugera 6262 and it's respective cab.

I play metal by the way.

From the couple instances I have heard it (I know Youtube videos are a bad example but It's all I've got) I liked the tone. I have yet to play on one because no one around me has one.

So is their any reason why I shouldn't consider buying this other than of course I've never heard it in person. Any body have any horror stories?

Thanks.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
There's a number of horror stories about the reliability. Exploding capacitors and such.
:|
There's a huge ratio of working ones to lemons, so be careful.

They seem to be ****ing GREAT sounding amps though.
Quote by Dream Pin
There's a number of horror stories about the reliability. Exploding capacitors and such.

I wouldn't say they were 'great', but they beat most contenders in the price range, especially based on metal sounds.
Quote by Dream Pin

amps from every company can break

there wasnt even that many "horror stories"
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Thanks for the quick replies guys.

Keep 'em coming!
(Gear in profile)

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

+1

I think I know of like 6 compared to the thousands shipped out...

There a good budget metal amp and have a warranty so you shouldnt have any concerns theres a few guys on here that even gig with them on a regular basis.
Yea that's what I was thinking. Alright thanks everybody.
(Gear in profile)

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo

It was pretty quiet there for a while, but there has been a couple of disturbing threads lately about the Bugera's dying on here, and on a couple of other forums too. Somebody said their tech said there was already a couple of memo's of issues sent to authorized Behringer repair centers. That's not sounding good...
Quote by TheEsupremacy
It was pretty quiet there for a while, but there has been a couple of disturbing threads lately about the Bugera's dying on here, and on a couple of other forums too. Somebody said their tech said there was already a couple of memo's of issues sent to authorized Behringer repair centers. That's not sounding good...

Heres what generally happens whenever a new amp becomes popular they are a targeted amp and alot of myths and a ton of suppossed issues start popping up. Example thousands of B-52's amps had an major overheating issue so much so they had to install a fan under the rectifier to fix the issue on the new models. But yet you dont hear about them. Bugera is just the newest amp on the traget list. And they will fix there issues much like B-52 did with there line. The only amps I know that are truely complete junk are marshall MG's, AVT series and Spiders. Bugera is still a new amp and still getting the bugs worked out, as for the other amps that have been around forever there is no excuse for such poor quality control.

And there are only about 6 accounts of issues that I have seen. When I was researching them to see about the whole behringer thing I could only find a couple and still to date that number has barely grown to just a hand full.