Hey Everyone, i already play Electric guitar, and i am reasonably good, and i would like to take up Bass, quite purely because i think its a wicked instrument, and would be quite cool to play.
Im in the UK.
So any good Starter Kits for around the £100 mark?
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
Last edited by TimBFMV at Sep 9, 2008,
Check FAQ and to simply answer your question, no nothing that low....might as well save upwards of $400 to get something that will work. The cheapest most well known is the Squire Pack but everyones had one and most of us regret it. It is not versitile and it will bore you after a short while, also those packs are aimed right at the new and uneducated instrument consumer. You can basically create your own "starter pack" for a few bucks cheaper and still have something that fits your taste.

"the hummanity"

Ibanez GSR200 - sweet thin neck 24 fret P/J pick-ups
Acoustic AB50 - 50w 1x10 $50 more for 100w 1x15, the amps in the packs are <30w
12ft Monster Cable - LIFETIME WARRANTY !
RoadRunner GigBag - the ones in the Value Packs may as well be plastic Garbage Bags

all that can be had for around $450
Last edited by HATe410 at Sep 9, 2008,
I agree with Hate. You won't find anything for around $100 or even $200 really unless you buy used. I have the GSR190 starter pack from Ibanez and I enjoy playing on it. It isn't anything special and I've only been playing for a few weeks so take my recommendation with a grain of salt.
I quite enjoyed my Squire starter pack. Although, my amp is currently blown and I've done some work to the bass...BUT STILL!!!! Anyway, yeah, that budget is really not going to get you anywhere. And, besides from the comment about the Squire, Hate is damn right. Take his advice of taking Humanity's advice and that'll get you going.
Quote by goest
100 euros= about 142 dollars, which won't get him much.

And £100 = $182 going by roughly current rates, a dip from roughly $200.
Warwick freak of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join

Quote by elliott FTW
Damn you and Warwickyness

Quote by ScottB
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
gm jack knows everything
+1
Quote by NKF176
He said £100, not dollars... americans need to learn currency..

Regardless of whether his budget is $100 or $200 dollars he's not going to get much for that amount of cash. He'll need to rack up about $3-$400 for a decent starter pack. Looks to me like instead of bitching about how someone misread the initial post you should have focused your attention to the topic at hand, finding this kid a starter pack. So, got any good suggestions, or are you just going to be a doucheass and generalize an entire country because someone made a mistake? How about contributing a little more, and being a little less of a ****. Thanks.
Stick with Ibanez and Squier and you'll get your money's worth.
Avoid Stagg like the ****ing plague!!
Quote by NKF176
He said £100, not dollars... americans need to learn currency..

I know currency but I don't have that symbol on my keyboard nor did I feel like looking up the unicode or alt code to figure it out just to be currency correct. Sorry that I'm lazy :P
Quote by Bumper
Regardless of whether his budget is $100 or $200 dollars he's not going to get much for that amount of cash. He'll need to rack up about $3-$400 for a decent starter pack. Looks to me like instead of bitching about how someone misread the initial post you should have focused your attention to the topic at hand, finding this kid a starter pack. So, got any good suggestions, or are you just going to be a doucheass and generalize an entire country because someone made a mistake? How about contributing a little more, and being a little less of a ****. Thanks.

+1 i hate when people generalize a country because of a small mistake. but anyways i suggest looking into a used bass. for around 400$ i got around 550-600 worth of gear. MY first bass is still pretty damn good too.
awesome, I have a fan club.

but yeah, the stuff in my sig is great.

and for currency:

USD: US dollars
BP: British pounds
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom