it literally does. its kind of like the smell you get when it dries up around the toilet. the smell isnt that strong in the sense that you can smell it from far away, but i dont like the idea of a guitar that smells like pee. i cant get any of those fancy fret conditioners like fast fret to clean it right now, so are there any common household materials that are safe to clean with and wont do any damage to the wood? also has this happened to anyone else? i never experienced this until i moved into a dorm. i have no idea why it smells like pee.
is it maple or rosewood?
Main Gear
Gibson Les Paul Custom Alpine White
Esp Eclipse-I CTM DPS w/18v Mod
PRS Custom 24 Angry Larry
Mesa Mark V
Mesa Rectifier 4x12

Bands FB Page
angry roomate?
Guitars
BC Rich Deluxe Series Warlock
Schecter Devil Custom

Amps
Crate GX900-h w/ GX412S cab

Effects
Boss NS-2
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell Wah
BBE Sonic Stomp
Korg Pitchblak
This reminds me of that guy that got piss in his semi hollow a while ago. How the hell do you people do these things?

You could try using lemon oil, i think you can use lemon oil since it's rosewood
My metal is more br00t4lz than yours

Gear:
Squier Strat
ESP B-10 Bass
Peavey Backstage
Quote by shk89
so are there any common household materials that are safe to clean with and wont do any damage to the wood? .

Lemon oil.
yea but the weird thing is only the fret board smells like piss. the body doesnt and not even the back of the neck does either
The neck will absorb more sweat. That's likely what's making it smell

(or someone in your new dorm pissed on it)
I may have the answer... When you go to the toilet, after you've wiped your arse, sometimes if it is strong enough some of the particles (smell) gets on your fingers, then you wash your hands (hopefully) but sometimes handwash doesn't take it all off, then you go and play your guitar and your fretboard smells like shit. But yours smells of piss, do you wipe your knob with your hand?
A tiny bit of isopropyl rubbing alcohol mixed with water gently rubbed with a cloth on the fretboard should do the trick. The cleaning solutions you buy for fretboards are basically the same thing. You are going to want to buy some fretboard conditioner later on tho.

It's probably just sweat your smelling. Hopefully..

Guitars:
-Jackson DXMG (SH-2N, SH-6)
-Schecter Hellraiser C1 (18v)
-Ibanez XPT707FX (Blackouts)
-Ibanez BTB 400 Bass

Main Amp: Mesa DR Roadster

don't oil it with any household oil. it'll make it worse because they smell as they rot.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Does it just smell like pee for no reason or did you pee on it?
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
My mates Jackson had the same problem. He found it hilarious though because he's a scruff

Like mentioned, lemon oil should do the trick.
Quote by littlemurph7976
My mates Jackson had the same problem. He found it hilarious though because he's a scruff
*PROFILE NOT IN USE*
I've experienced that too.... my problem was the strings!

I sweat alot in my hands when I'm playing, and all that old sweat and skin apperantly starts decomposing, making the STRINGS (not the fretboard) smell like piss.... Maybe it's time to re-string your guitar

Ibanez RG2228 Prestige
Schecter C7 Jeff Loomis FR (18volt mod)
Epiphone Gothic Explorer (with SD Blackouts)
Ibanez RG350M Yellow
Peavey C5 Tigerwood 5string bass
Randall RH150G3
Quote by jj1565
don't oil it with any household oil. it'll make it worse because they smell as they rot.

+1000 That smell often is a warning sign that you are over oiling the board, causing it to rot. I would say you should only need to oil the board once every 18-24 months, maybe sooner in a dry environment and you play a lot.
Quote by TheBloodstained
I've experienced that too.... my problem was the strings!

I sweat alot in my hands when I'm playing, and all that old sweat and skin apperantly starts decomposing, making the STRINGS (not the fretboard) smell like piss.... Maybe it's time to re-string your guitar

i actually thought that and restring before i made this thread. it is the fretboard, and im starting to think its probably just dead skin and sweat even tho it smells like pee
My guess is you had a wank and didn't wash your fingers and played the guitar and now the guitar neck smells like your crotch.
half the people who looked at this thread probaly just smelt there fretboards
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube