1) Start record label
2) ????
3) PROFIT!

I say you ask some guys in an indie label about how they got started and what exactly they did. I have no idea how one forms a "record label". All I can think of is building your own studio (which will require some cash input), and then signing deals with publishers and distributers n' stuff.

But ask someone who knows. If you're in the UK, there's probably an indie record label near YOU.
1. Be a people person.
2. College courses on business.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by sashki
Where can I get one of these "idea" things you speak of?

I'll tell you, but first I need to know...

...do you feel about full frontal male nudity?
Quote by red_hot_chili18

cmon there must be SOMEONE that can help me?

please

You can't just "make a company" without knowing anything. Do you even know what LLC stand for? Are you even familiar with what makes up a corporation? You need to go to school for this.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Read up on all those indie labels in the 80s and learn from them...????

SST FTW
google 'starting a buisiness'
we had to in school for fake buisinesses we were making up
so try it
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by 006schecter
Yeah, if you have no idea, it's not going to happen.

what a tool...

dude, if you want to make it happen, then make it happen. everybody has to start somewhere. you gotta build up connections and all especially. i can't tell you specifics but don't let jerks like these guys get you down.
Quote by faint_spirit
what a tool...

dude, if you want to make it happen, then make it happen. everybody has to start somewhere. you gotta build up connections and all especially. i can't tell you specifics but don't let jerks like these guys get you down.

Be realistic. Starting a business take money, and a very firm idea of what to do.

With an emphasis on the money part. You need shitloads of money to make a record label work.

Besides, the record label is a dying industry.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by faint_spirit
what a tool...

Ok, but good luck building a company from the ground with zero business knowledge and finances and resources.
Quote by faint_spirit
what a tool...

Oh yeah! Those silly things like knowing what to do are just mere oversights!

Quote by faint_spirit
what a tool...

What a dumbass.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Quote by sam b

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by GiantRaven
Oh yeah! Those silly things like knowing what to do are just mere oversights!

wat.

seriously, i'm gonna look at courses at college 2moro, zappp little help here?

anyone know how zappp got this site going?
I'll help you.

I will sign for your company with mah Band.

success 100% secured

just listen to us paly...
Every form of control over another person is a crime

AEK Athens
Asteras Exarcheion
Prasini Thyella
Rayo Vallecano

RED MILITIA-Vamos a Vencer
An MBA would help. A lot.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
To start any kind of business, you need money to start with.

This might take a while...
build a studio, start trying to get bands to sign contracts to you
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
nice to see that the pit isn't FULL of assholes
thanks all this has been a breath of fresh air - a retarded UG thread

again, thanks.
Quote by 006schecter
Ok, but good luck building a company from the ground with zero business knowledge and finances and resources.

obviously, there are ways to deal with that. i.e. classes, loans, etc. otherwise, no one would ever be able to make new businesses. ever. as long as this guy plans it out and serious and intelligent enough, it's not impossible.
Quote by Xiaoxi
What a dumbass.

what an asshole. how many times did you fail 2nd grade? i'm in the real world making something of myself so don't act like you know what you're talking about.