Poll: Which is harder lead in a play or lead guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which is harder lead in a play or lead guitar?
Lead Character
15 65%
Lead Guitar
8 35%
Voters: 23.
So I was thinking recently about how 4 years ago I was in my high-school musical "Mame" and even more recently about maybe performing in front of an audience for the first time. So I was wondering which is more difficult performing as a Lead character in a play or musical, or performing lead guitar in a live band? Also, has anybody had any experience with acting and/or playing in a band live?

Edit: Anybody know how to make a poll?
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Oh jesus, Being a lead character is 10x harder.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
In a lead role you are the center of attention. In a music performance, the vocalist tend to be.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
heh no love for the guitarists what about bands that have a vocalist/guitarist? Like, off the top of my head: Cream?
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Vocal/guitar is a different story, but if it's just guitar vs. lead role, I'm definitely gonna go with lead role.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by cliff_em_all
Oh jesus, Being a lead character is 10x harder.

yeah. acting requires all of your mind, body and soul whereas guitar uses much less. if you can deal with being the lead in a musical, you can deal with being a musician on stage.
music is a lot more forgiving when it comes to making mistakes or improvising

how many times do you hear about actors forgetting their lines but just carry on and make something up?
in a play you have to get it perfect night after night after night.

actors basically have to be Dream Theater