I went down to the guitar shop the other day and i fell in love. Ive never been in love. Its all so new to me.

Is there any other possible love i can get for this price??
Im jus asking for suggestions, reference, good word on others.
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Jackson-DKMG-Dinky?sku=512231

I am limiting myself to $800. I currently own an Ibanez RG. I play rock, blues, metal, classical, rockabilly, anything you name it. I like how my RG can be an all around guitar for me and mimic almost any sound with what i play with. If i purchase the Jackson Dinky i am going to jus throw those EMG's right into the garbage or give them away to some bum. I have a pair of DiMarzio's in my RG but i was thinking instead of trading those into the Dinky I would look into some Seymour Duncans. I also plan on taking out the bridge from the Dinky and replacing it with the OFR from my RG. Can anyone suggest a good pair of Duncans to look into? I've heard before about a combo involving of a JB or some name with that... Pickups that are capable of purring good cleans and roaring raw distortion is what i need basically.
Last edited by Silent_Scream1 at Sep 9, 2008,
Why get it if your going to change the stuff it has? Its the JB and 59 or JB and Jazz
There are plenty of other of those Jackson Dinky models that would be better for you. Like the DK2
Last edited by cfhwarhead at Sep 9, 2008,
If you want the DKMG without the EMGs, get DiMarzios (Drop Sonic (B)+ Bucker From HEll/DP102 X2n/Evo (N) is win) and sell the EMG's.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
i just bought a dinky dk2m and i can tell u this guitar is GREAT. hte neck is the fastest ive ever played, i got the model whit the maple fretboard whit jazz seymour duncan in the neck . paid this monster 550$ and trust me its worth the money.
They are the shiznit, great guitars for the reason maiden said.
Quote by Sonicxlover
Kensai, I think I'll get a flamboyant sig.

Quote by Sonicxlover

Quote by Sonicxlover

Parker Nitefly Mojo sonnn
Jackson DK2M Dinky
Carvin Legacy
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Cube 30X
i pretty much have that w/o the floyd, its amazing.
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Why not buy a guitar you're happy with, instead of basicly making your Ibanez obsolete and wasting money.
if you want SD's, then get DK2, or DK2M, no point in buying a DKMG, then replacing the EMG's if you can have the same thing stock...
Member of the Jackson/Charvel Owners Group
^That, + the fact that an OFR wont fit. You will need the FR pro low profile trem. A standard OFR wont do the trick.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
I've been thinking o f getting the dinky and doing some mods too. Getting this and installing a FR is a good alternative to the soloist. I just can't justify spending $2000 on a guitar
Wish I could and my area sucks for used guitars lol

Quote by LP_CL
^That, + the fact that an OFR wont fit. You will need the FR pro low profile trem. A standard OFR wont do the trick.

How does the fr pro low compare to an OFR? Is it only the mg series that need the pro low?
^Its just another shape, and has another radius. It works the same, and is as good as an OFR. Its just another radius.
If you want a soloist, get the SL3 for 800$ second hand.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
my current ibanez has an OFR installed along with the DiMarzio X2N/EVO2 pickup combo and i love those pickups to death.

but yea the JB/Jazz is the one i was talkn about and i AGREE with most of you i didnt realize i was looking at an EMG purposed Dinky. my bad common sense. ill take a look into the DK2... thanks alot people.
That guitar is awesome, Jackson needs more guitars with Actives. That's gonna be my next guitar probably

Fractal Axe-Fx Ultra
EBMM JP7 Dargies Delight II
Manuel Rodriguez C Cedar Top
Quote by Necrophagist777
That guitar is awesome, Jackson needs more guitars with Actives. That's gonna be my next guitar probably

RR24, DKMG, DXMG, SLSMG and some USA jacksons come with EMG's. Thats more than enough imo. Its better this way than that you have to look very hard for a model with passives (cough ESP and LTD cough)
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Sep 30, 2008,