My EMG pups are arriving tomorrow and I am going to take my Epi LP Standard Plus Top to my local shop to get them put in and also get a complete setup.

I would like the action lowered a bit, but other than that, what are some things that this guitar could use looked at during the initial setup? I think I remember seeing something about the nut.

Thanks.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Intonation, maybe get a fret dress is it needs one, truss rod...

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
What should be done with the truss rod? This tech is pretty good, I just want to tell her anything additional and I would like to get the thigns that these guitars are notorious for out of the way.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Loose strap locks (usually the top one), loose input jack and Volume/Tone knobs being too close to the body are the most frequent complaints I see for this guitar, might want to check for those (mine had all 3).
Get straplocks installed? Oh, and ask the tech to take the covers off the pickups. They apparently suck a lot of tone out.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Last edited by oneblackened at Sep 9, 2008,