I need to buy a new amp, and I'm thinking about getting a Roland Cube 15x. I really need some more info on it though. First, is it loud enough to play in a band with drums going at the same time? I don't mean at gigs or anything, just practice.
I also need to know if it has a good clear sound when theres no distortion or anything. I'm going to be using pedals so i dont need a bunch of effects. Please don't answer unless you have personal experience with the amp. I play punk so thats the sound I'm looking for. Also if you think theres another amp out there that would work better for me just tell me. I only want to spend $100 - $150
Last edited by Magnified_Plaid at Sep 9, 2008,
I'd recommend the Cube 30 or 60 if you plan on practising with drums.

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Depends on your drummer. My bud has one and it's ok, not great volumewise. It get crappy at higher volumes but he uses the distortion from the amp, you wouldn't be. A used Cube 30 would be better as a SS amp for what your doing and maybe make it in under budget. Or if you can check out a Crate V18, they are going for $149 in some places.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.