im looking for a distortion pedal, i want a black keys/ raconteurs/ led zepp kinda sound
something versitile, but chuncky sounding, i need soemthing which i can make fill out a large sound. i play a strat thro a diffrent set of amps.
best suggestions?
What amps?

And Jack White uses a Big Muff, which could also do The Black Keys, I'm sure it'll be able to do Led Zep, but I'm not too sure.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
erm amp is un decided yet. any suggestions there as well?
im getting a new one, i have about 200quid for one, i want 50watt plus. thinking vox valve tronix maybe. i saw an epiphone one which was 60watt for 120, it seemed ok
dont say " save and buy this valve ect." i only have 200quid to get the amp. i have saved for ages. i need 1500 for a trip to africa, 300 for recording stuff, and 70 for distortion pedal

but yeh any amp suggestions? i may try and get a marshall from somewhere second hand, i dont like the new soid state ones
Big Muff would do Black Keys and Jack White but deff not Zep
"Prefiero morir parado que vivir siempre arrodillado" - Ernesto "El Che" Guevara de la Serna (1928 - 1967)
well its not for led zep or black keys. it that kinda sound.
anything apart from big muff? i never played one. plus no shops near me stock it. so i dont know wher ei can try one out
Jack White and the Black Keys guy use big muff. So get it.
Quote by steven seagull
I hate to say it, but chances are the only thing good about that amp is the fact that the name looks a lot like the word "laser"...

Check out my band!
black keys use russian big muff, pretty sure jack whites used it too.
also analogue man sun face
Quote by jimmybob24
black keys use russian big muff, pretty sure jack whites used it too.
also analogue man sun face

Jack White uses the NYC Muff Reissue through either a Silvertone amp, or a Twin Reverb.

Dan Auerbach uses a Earthquaker Devices Crimson Drive and Hoof Fuzz, and a vintage Sovtek Muff through various amps, including a JTM 45, a custom 100 watt Hiwatt, an Ampeg B12X, and various other amps.

Valvetronix is good, but if you are getting a muff for it, you should probably get a boost to go with it.
i would just get a fuzz face and Tubescreamer clones from generalguitargadgets. that could cover everything in the world if you know how to work them and have a nice amp
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.