Clicky

They haven't quite gotten it yet, but they claim that they will. Not that they might, but that they will get it.

I'm amazed that we're that much closer to really understanding how life works, but something about this is just...odd.

Let there be discussion.
they still have thousands of lifeforms on earth to discover too, but yeah the idea of artificial life is very interesting
DECRESCENDO
think about how many things 20 years ago they said they would be able to do or have now. They will probably never really create real AI. It will always be a program that doesn't fully think on its own.
Quote by ViperScale
think about how many things 20 years ago they said they would be able to do or have now. They will probably never really create real AI. It will always be a program that doesn't fully think on its own.

You obviously didn't read it.

It's not artificial intelligence.

It's artificial life.
Quote by ViperScale

It will be possible. Scientific progress is being made at an incredibly fast pace.
Quote by archangels666
You obviously didn't read it.

It's not artificial intelligence.

It's artificial life.

my bad =)
Wouldn't that be crazy if one day we go back to using animals more than machines to do certain kinds of work? Think about it, if we could engineer the perfect animal to move a bunch of crap like a bulldozer does, they'd be cheaper, easier to use, and easier to move. And what if we could engineer a big animal that can run 70 mph with a full load of trashed cars!?! And instinctively follows traffic laws down to the T!!!!
We're only strays.
Well, that's interesting . . . . . . . .
Quote by FrenchyFungus
I am not a woman as I currently claim

Quote by Rabid
I am actually a woman, unlike Frenchy
^ hmm thats only a couple 1000 years into the future if even by then. I don't think it is as close as they make it seem, considering that they think it took bills of years to get us from those starting cells.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
Wouldn't that be crazy if one day we go back to using animals more than machines to do certain kinds of work? Think about it, if we could engineer the perfect animal to move a bunch of crap like a bulldozer does, they'd be cheaper, easier to use, and easier to move. And what if we could engineer a big animal that can run 70 mph with a full load of trashed cars!?! And instinctively follows traffic laws down to the T!!!!

Although that's probably more than just a few years away, that's an interesting concept.

Even though now all I can think of is the Flinstones.
I was hoping this would be about Operation Ivy...
"I was influenced to play the guitar after I saw the guy on Power Rangers do it. I figured it would be easy, since a guitar is basically a big kazoo."

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul
Fender Blues Deville(For now... FOR SALE )
Quote by archangels666
Although that's probably more than just a few years away, that's an interesting concept.

Even though now all I can think of is the Flinstones.

DUDE lol you're right.
We're only strays.
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
And how much do you think they'd eat?

Like we've got so much spare.
Quote by freedoms_stain
And how much do you think they'd eat?

Like we've got so much spare.

Genetically engineered food?
Quote by Spamwise
Genetically engineered food?
Someone in another thread claimed GM crops drained the land quicker, but I don't know how valid that was.
Heretics!!!!
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Science is going too far IMO.
''Technological advancements are like an axe in the hands of a pathological criminal.'' - Albert Einstein
Quote by freedoms_stain
Someone in another thread claimed GM crops drained the land quicker, but I don't know how valid that was.

I'm pretty sure that isn't true. Plenty of well-respected organizations have agreed that GM crops are harmless. They also allow countless more to be fed.
Get DOWN Get DOWN AGAIN!!!
Next step terminators...
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.