Me and my band are having a slight problem of our setlist, we're a pop-punk/punk-metal (dont take the mick, its just what we are into) and we cant decide on a solid setlist ... we're mostly a cover band, but we do have several originals but we are not ready to release them yet so I thought I would ask you guys what you thought was a good idea to play. We are a three piece (im on guitar and lead vocals) so the guitar cant be too difficult and preferably more bass and drums orientated. Our main idols are Ramones, SUM 41, Rancid, Green Day, Blink 182, Bloc Party, MxPx, Mayday Parade etc...

So if you can help we would much appreciate it.

Our band is highly skilled so we can learn and perfect songs in no time at all and it helps that we work really well together.

Thanks, Liam
Minority by Greenday
Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones
Dammit by Blink 182
Quote by angus is god
maybe she passed out in the bathroom. You should have found her then had one of your friends yell "FINISH HER!" like from mortal combat and then jizz on her
i can't really think of any songs in your genre that aren't going to be awfully simple with you taking up both vocals and guitar, maybe search for a 2nd guitarist to create a bit more variety?
Quote by Martyr's Prayer
I got crap to do, okay? Counter-Strike isn't going to play itself.
Learn blitzkrieg bop, and start off with that. yes it's been covered a million times, but it's a great song to get the crowds attention.

Then follow it up with some Maxwell Murder, and have your bassist play the bass solo like Matt Freeman does live it gives the guitar player(s) + singer about a 2 minute break

then play some green day and all those other bands, end with another really popular song, and have whichever song you guys are best at smack in the middle

P.S. this is in the wrong forum
Quote by fweddy despair
Minority by Greenday
Dammit by Blink 182

yh good songs there
bliztkreig bop or brain is hanging upside down
holiday by greenday
anotehr girl another planet, whts my age again by blink
dont do bloc party u need two guitars for it ALL
i duno wht else
Quote by Swap-Meet
Learn blitzkrieg bop, and start off with that. yes it's been covered a million times, but it's a great song to get the crowds attention.

Then follow it up with some Maxwell Murder, and have your bassist play the bass solo like Matt Freeman does live it gives the guitar player(s) + singer about a 2 minute break

then play some green day and all those other bands, end with another really popular song, and have whichever song you guys are best at smack in the middle

P.S. this is in the wrong forum

yh, blitz bop was a cover we wer gna do ... nd i didnt know wat forum to put it in
All The Small Things by Blink 182 (Chessy song but gets the crowd into it)
Minority by Greenday
Quote by Vampireheart94
yh good songs there

Glad to have helped.
Maybe try 'Grey Skies Turn Blue' by MxPx.
Quote by angus is god
maybe she passed out in the bathroom. You should have found her then had one of your friends yell "FINISH HER!" like from mortal combat and then jizz on her
Quote by Jack_hertz92
All The Small Things by Blink 182 (Chessy song but gets the crowd into it)
Minority by Greenday

i was thinkin of doin all the small things but ryan and tom (bassist nd drummer) hate that song, nd i do agree it does get the crowd goin
Quote by Vampireheart94
yh, blitz bop was a cover we wer gna do ... nd i didnt know wat forum to put it in

Bandleading (13 Viewing)
Setlists, how to get a gig, how to hire and fire, promotion! Got a question regarding your band and your shows?bring it here and bring down the house!

that'd be the one.

don't worry, I didn't report the thread or anything, when people report shit it kinda makes me laugh, cause it's kinda just like if someone curses at you when you're little, and you go run and tell on them or something...pretty pointless :P
All The Small Things - Blink 182 (always a crowd pleaser for us)
Basketcase - Green Day
American Idiot - Green Day
Teenagers - My Chemical Romance (not really punk but a good all around tune)
I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones
Should I Stay Or Should I Go - The Clash (classic)
Anarchy In The UK - The Sex Pistols
Play songs you like and like to play? I really don't see how you have no idea.
Quote by Swap-Meet
Bandleading (13 Viewing)
Setlists, how to get a gig, how to hire and fire, promotion! Got a question regarding your band and your shows?bring it here and bring down the house!

that'd be the one.

don't worry, I didn't report the thread or anything, when people report shit it kinda makes me laugh, cause it's kinda just like if someone curses at you when you're little, and you go run and tell on them or something...pretty pointless :P

finally sum1 mature on UG
Quote by Whiskey Tango
All The Small Things - Blink 182 (always a crowd pleaser for us)
Basketcase - Green Day
American Idiot - Green Day
Teenagers - My Chemical Romance (not really punk but a good all around tune)
I Wanna Be Sedated - The Ramones
Should I Stay Or Should I Go - The Clash (classic)
Anarchy In The UK - The Sex Pistols

best idea so far thanks guys
mxpx-chick magnet
blink 182-damnit, carousel
ramones- i wanna be sedated
sum 41- fat lip
play some freaking originals anyway!
mxpx- punk rock show, doing time

if you play 2 of your own that gives you a 9 song set list.
Quote by Swap-Meet
nope, I was just the one that always got ratted on in school

o lol, you seem pretty kool though XD
It does say punk/metal so I'll say:
Something simple by 36Crazyfists
Alexisonfire-This Could Be Anywhere In The World
Escape The Fate songs.
these might be a bit more complicated though as most of the others are just chord sequences.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Quote by m4l666
It does say punk/metal so I'll say:
Something simple by 36Crazyfists
Alexisonfire-This Could Be Anywhere In The World
Escape The Fate songs.
these might be a bit more complicated though as most of the others are just chord sequences.

we did "Situations" by Escape The Fate for a while