Poll Options
View poll results: Mac or PC ?
Mac
273 41%
PC
457 69%
Voters: 664.
Page 1 of 8
Which do you prefer? I have recently got a macbook and I am loving it. Not to say that pc is inferior or anything, but I love apple's operating system and features.
pc fo sho.

macs suck dick
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
Macbooks suck.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Quote by ViperScale
well technically PC = personal computer. I think apple is a PC.

fair enough. i guess, microsoft.
Love my macbook to death, anyone who thinks they suck is either ignorant or jealous. If you don't like a mac, it's because it doesn't do what you personally need it to do, so don't say that it sucks. For artists and musicians, the macbook is absolutely PERFECT.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
What about linux?

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
Quote by Anthony1991
PC feckin canes macs by far, macs like my balls.

Do you like your balls?

if you do you're a mac.

DON'T PANIC! DON'T PANIC!
THEY DON'T LIKE IT UP 'EM!
Quote by Sid McCall
Love my macbook to death, anyone who thinks they suck is either ignorant or jealous. If you don't like a mac, it's because it doesn't do what you personally need it to do, so don't say that it sucks. For artists and musicians, the macbook is absolutely PERFECT.

Jealous? My quadcore 3.0 GHz laptop with SLI and 3 hard drive slots will destroy anything and everything the macbook does. Macbooks are overpriced wimpy computers for trendy morons. I am a musician and I find nothing "perfect" about macbook.
The Kovenant of Terror, Marshal of the Legion of Metal.

Quote by GID (Shamrock)
Br00tal, Terror Kovenant=metal's king

Macs are better for rrecording music etc..... logic is really good for it
Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Fernandes Ravelle Deluxe
LTD EX-400BD
LTD EC-1000
LTD V-500
Zoom 707II Pedal
Vox Satchurator Pedal
Dunlop Cry Baby Slash
Marshall MG100DFX...
Quote by Sid McCall

like my aunt. She loves macs, and she had a career in journalism. But she recently made career change and the accounting software she needed for that company was not compatable with her mac. Also... good points.
pc is soo much better
its really damn hard to run linux successfully on a mac
plus they get a little too user friendly for me and just start to get annoying
and i like windows better
and i think macs are overpriced
and again its really damn annoying to run linux on a mac
PCs. Macs don't have Swishy Swoshy shitrain installed.

In all seriousness, I prefer PCs. Macs are stupidly over-priced and I'm familiar with PCs. If its not broken, don't fix it.
Last edited by Tom_hatton at Sep 9, 2008,
I don't think either choice suck.

I love my macbook pro, and wouldn't mind a PC laptop.

Depends on your needs and your personal preferences.
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!
Quote by Sid McCall

I prefer PC because I can always upgrade when I want and I can definitely have many more options for programs to use for various things. Macs just seem like computers for people who can't figure out how to use Windows properly.
Quote by ViperScale
well technically PC = personal computer. I think apple is a PC.

Apple is definitely not a PC. A MacBooc may be considered a PC, yes.

On topic: I got a MacBook and I absolutely love it, I wouldn't change it for anything. Is it better then Windows/others Laptops? maybe yes, maybe not, but I prefer MacBook's so much more.

Quote by gnrliesmanlies

its really damn hard to run linux successfully on a mac
[...]
and again its really damn annoying to run linux on a mac

Completly false, I have installed linux in many Macs (since iMac, MacBook, and G3) and they all run perfectly.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Last edited by Bleeding_me at Sep 9, 2008,
Quote by Terror Kovenant
Jealous? My quadcore 3.0 GHz laptop with SLI and 3 hard drive slots will destroy anything and everything the macbook does. Macbooks are overpriced wimpy computers for trendy morons. I am a musician and I find nothing "perfect" about macbook.

congradulations.
i would go with Microsoft, but on the other hand Macs are good for recording and they don't have viruses, but still i would go with MS cause don't nee to record any stuff that good atm
kk having both Mac and PC

Macs r faster for the same price as a PC, Mac have roughly 50 known virisis while PC has around 50,000

Macs look shit lot cooler that a PC

Macs have microsoft office

U might think Macs r hard 2 use but after a week or so its all kool

PC does have like more software options but Macs r improving that

Macs can gt msn messenger

So basically I think personally macs own PC but u can gt a mac n split the hardrive so u can put Pc on one half research 'bootcamp' when you turn of the mac hold alt n you can choose between Mac or Pc research it
The Merchant Of the Resident Evil Club
]

Quote by hminh87
What is that big hole at the neck joint for?

Quote by Hoodoo Child
the neck?
^ There are much more practical ways to run XP or Vista (*shudder*) on a mac than bootcamp. I hate bootcamp sooo much.

Quote by Kurt-Corgan

I prefer PC because I can always upgrade when I want and I can definitely have many more options for programs to use for various things. Macs just seem like computers for people who can't figure out how to use Windows properly.

Or for people who are sick of all of the excess work you need to make windows run properly, and just want something that works properly the first time without any hassle.

Now I'm not gonna say there aren't times that I need a PC, because there are, and I have one for those times, but that rarely ever happens. Also, macbooks are fairly upgradeable, to a certain degree. But on a professional leve, you don't want a macbook, you need a Mac Pro or something like that with the quad cores etc. The macbook isn't the perfect answer to every computing scenario, but it's damn handy for everything in a college music industry major's life.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Depends...
If ur nerdy go for macbook
If ur gamer go for PC ... obviously!
Squier Standard Telecaster.
Random Ibanez GIO superstrat
Takamine EG440C Maple Blue

Line 6 Spider III 30 w
Blackheart Killer Ant
Blackheart Little Giant

Line 6 Pod X3 Live
Line 6 Toneport UX-2
Quote by Sid McCall
^ There are much more practical ways to run XP or Vista (*shudder*) on a mac than bootcamp. I hate bootcamp sooo much.

Or for people who are sick of all of the excess work you need to make windows run properly, and just want something that works properly the first time without any hassle.

Now I'm not gonna say there aren't times that I need a PC, because there are, and I have one for those times, but that rarely ever happens. Also, macbooks are fairly upgradeable, to a certain degree. But on a professional leve, you don't want a macbook, you need a Mac Pro or something like that with the quad cores etc. The macbook isn't the perfect answer to every computing scenario, but it's damn handy for everything in a college music industry major's life.

true. But also, don't forget we are not just talking laptops here.. desktop computers too.
i love my macbook. i was a windows user for most of my life until i bought my macbook last year. i highly doubt i'll be switching back. windows is useful for some stuff, but my mac is perfect for everything i do on it.
Quote by Eminored
Hentai. It's a completely different world that will rip your eye-sockets and and skull-screw you with its tentacles.
Quote by Jake_fender
true. But also, don't forget we are not just talking laptops here.. desktop computers too.

That's why I mentioned the Mac Pro. When it comes to desktops, Mac is WAY better than PC. On the topic of laptops, it's still a close call for the average person.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
macs are overpriced for what you get in them when they start too

i basically hate macs cus they're really annoying. yes they're really easy to use, a 4 year old could run a mac. but that is also why they annoy the hell out of me. and the fact that they lack a notepad to write program code with(other than that retarded textedit that won't let you save it in a program extension)
kk having both Mac and PC

Macs r faster for the same price as a PC, Mac have roughly 50 known virisis while PC has around 50,000

Viruses- I wouldn't know about. But Macs are not necessarily faster than a PC. My brother build his computer for £700... about £250 was on a graphics card and a sound card. I've compared it to my friends Mac, it destroys it.

Macs look shit lot cooler that a PC

I don't agree. And even if I did, who gives a flying fuck? It matters not.

Macs have microsoft office

U might think Macs r hard 2 use but after a week or so its all kool

But the odds are you have to switch to a PC again when you're at someone elses house or at work. There's just no need for Macs, people get them because they're cool.

PC does have like more software options but Macs r improving that

PC wins there.

Macs can gt msn messenger

So? I should hope they do.
My macbook should arrive tomorrow. Been using my brother's for a while and after a week or so I was adjusted and I think they're great, overpriced yes but it was a necessary purchase as I am desperate to run Logic. The guy over the phone tried to sell me another GB, telling me Logic wouldn't run well on 1GB, not gonna fly with me though; I've used it and it runs flawlessly on a 1GB macbook.
Quote by Sid McCall
That's why I mentioned the Mac Pro. When it comes to desktops, Mac is WAY better than PC. On the topic of laptops, it's still a close call for the average person.

not true
my new hp desktop kicks the shit out of every new mac at my school.

also:
does any1 know if mac os x is a 64 bit operating system or sh*tty 32 bit that can only support 3gb of ram
i prefer pc, because macbooks are good, but seeing as most computers are regular pcs that run on microsoft software, I wouldn't get a mac seeing most of my shit for computers is formatted for pc.

Not to mention there are some programs that dont work with mac, almost everything works for windows though.

I havent downloaded vista yet, and wont until it has the same quality as XP.
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
An Apple computer IS a Personal Computer

Why do the Mac commercials say "PC" instead of Windows?

I think it is to cover their butt in a somewhat
"Well, we aren't saying all Windows machines are like this, but this specific one, "PC", is."

That is just my thought.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Quote by gnrliesmanlies
not true
my new hp desktop kicks the shit out of every new mac at my school.

also:
does any1 know if mac os x is a 64 bit operating system or sh*tty 32 bit that can only support 3gb of ram

Leopard is a 64 bits OS
Need fashion advice?

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
I wish I had a dick like a black guy instead of my little white dick.

Quote by JoelTheShredder
i love you more than words can express jean.

I saw Rick Astley in Quebec City, on April 10th 2009. Best day of my life!