I recently bought epipfone dot and I really like the hollow body feel and sound to it. But I would really like to get some brighter tones out of it. So I am thinking of getting a pair of humbucker sized P-90 or maybe splitted humbuckers. What would I get the brightest tone out of?
What about single coils? If you use alot of cleans, '57/'62s give great glassy bright tones, you may need to alter the pickguard.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
Quote by lespaul#1
What about single coils? If you use alot of cleans, '57/'62s give great glassy bright tones, you may need to alter the pickguard.

P-90's are single coil.
Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500M
Ibanez GAX-70
Crate V-18 112
BYOC Overdrive TS808 Clone
Vox Pathfinder 15R
^not necessarily, but close to em. they give a little fatter, fuller sound and also dont have as much of the 60 cycle hum that single coils do.

but yea, i do say go for some P-90s.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Split hums dont sound anything like a P90. But P90s would probably work really good in a hollow body. Just a serious pain to wire in.
Well generally splitted hubmcuekrs orks ok for single coil sounds. But don't get them only for splitting they're not that good sounding IMO.

Get the P90 instead.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009