I'm usually somewhat decent at finding a tone I like, but for the life of me, I can't get anywhere near this tone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htobScsOB70

I'm looking for that lead tone he uses in the first few seconds and onward. I know I can't replicate the tone perfectly so don't give me the "well do you have his hands?" speech. I just want to get somewhat close to it. There's also no way I can get it with my current rig, but I've been looking to get some pedals recently, so I want to know what I should get.

Any help?
What's your rig now? The amp isn't going to change, is it?
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
My rig is an SX Strat, an Epi G-400 as guitars. And a Roland Cube 60 as an amp. And no it's not going to change. I've tried lots of Reverb and Delay, but there's just something else in there I can't catch.

Also I have no pedals, which is why I'm not worried about getting the tone now.
mod the strat so you can use the bridge and neck together. Besides getting a new amp that will probably help you the most.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Tonehfox
My rig is an SX Strat, an Epi G-400 as guitars. And a Roland Cube 60 as an amp. And no it's not going to change. I've tried lots of Reverb and Delay, but there's just something else in there I can't catch.

Also I have no pedals, which is why I'm not worried about getting the tone now.

the reverb on your amp won't get you close. your gonna need a pedal.