basically i need a new bas.
ive been playing the same one for quite a few years now and its starting to lose its sound quality. It was used when i got it tho.
so im going to try to get a new one this month.
My price range is up to $800usd
i play all genres.
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
G&L TRIBUTE L2000 or 2500 if you would rather a 5 string
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by smb
How had it lost its sound quality? I don't understand, frankly.

EDIT.
Strat-o-blaster explaned it better ;P
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
Last edited by Little_Buster at Sep 9, 2008,
By 'lost its sound quality' he could mean the pickups are failing.

As far as gettin a new one, look at ESP LTD basses. I've got a C304 and it's insane - active pickups, slim but not bendy neck, great action and nice quality. Used to have a nice Epiphone - haven't played one in years upon years, though, so I don't know. I just know the ESPs I've played are stellar.

Nothing beats a Warwick, though. Ever.

Ever. I will own one one day....

It is.... My Precious?!
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
i used to say ibanez but the last 3 i bought were QC nightmares i swear they just slap those things together anymore....they all have this sticker on the back thats signed by the inspector i kept all 3 of mine ill find that guy someday and kick him in the nuts....

I think Schecter may have a new customer, maybe even Peavey...both are great brands to look into have fun and GOOD LUCK!
Look at the Ibanez ATK range.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by goest
Why not just get new pickups? That'd be cheaper, I would say.

indeed. I suggest some midrange Fenders, upper end Ibanez, and maybe some of those good ol G&L Tributes, if you just want a new bass.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom