okay well ive been looking for a new guitar for quite a while.

and ive never been able to pin it down to one

so i narrowed it down to

my cousins gibson lespaul special

http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123718420
(^^^^like the one shown in this thread^^^^)

or a

fender deluxe fat strat

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Deluxe-Fat-Strat-HSS-Electric-Guitar?sku=510477

im torn between those two. i play mostly rock/ heavy rock

oh and another question how much should i buy the lespaul for?
she got it as a used gift, and theres like abunch of scrathes on it and there are also couple dead frets here and there.
Last edited by josephcoolness at Sep 9, 2008,
If you're buyin that LP used and it's got dead frets, 300 tops, and that's a lot for that.

Me personally? I don't like Les Pauls, so I'd say the Strat. I put a hot rails in my Ameristrat and now it eats my old LP alive.

Then spits it out.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Fat Strats are hawt. Between these two choices, go for the Strat.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
Quote by BlisteringDDj
Fat Strats are hawt. Between these two choices, go for the Strat.

Indeed
" Impossible thoughts, Stay on this cruise, Never go back, Relaxation calms these metal nerves. "
Strat.
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
the lp specials, depending on where you buy em...are over a couple thousand, depending on the neck, pickups, all that other stuff.
Quote by Insanitydenied
the lp specials, depending on where you buy em...are over a couple thousand, depending on the neck, pickups, all that other stuff.

realy?

wowwzers

hahah hers doesnt have a carvedtop, nor fancy inlays [just plain dot inlays], standard set neck. nothing fancy.

thats a couple thousand? damn
Quote by Insanitydenied

*facepalm* You're thinking of reissue and custom shop specials, I think gibson discontinued LP specials, and replaced them with LP studios.

(do not take the statement above as fact)
Quote by G-man05
*facepalm* You're thinking of reissue and custom shop specials, I think gibson discontinued LP specials, and replaced them with LP studios.

(do not take the statement above as fact)

hahah yeah, i think it is discontinued. but yeah it looks no where near in the thousand dollars range. it looks crappier than my epi.

but yeah so anyone got a number of the original price?
go with the strat... the lowest i would go on the gibson lp scale would be studio
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
fender necks feel better in my opinion
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
hmmm kaaay.

well i see my cousins this saturday. if she wont sell it to me for a reasonable price

ill get the strat.

anyone know anything about the deluxes? are they any good?
go with the les paul...

don't know much about deluxes
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders