Is it a good idea that i keep doing horizontal vibratos on an electric guitar, or should i learn to be able to do very fast vertical vibratos? I hope you know what i mean by vertical and horizontal.
learn both
u'll thank urself l8er
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Being a bluesman i personally have no use for horizontal vibration. It just vibrates the note slightly and is harder to do, i prefer the 1 finger, shake the whole wrist BB king vibrato..............its just too awesome!
Ok i dont know about the wrist vibrato, but from what i understand the horizontal is easier, that's the one where u shake ur hand rapidly along the neck, while the vertical is a series of small bends. That's how i know it
They have different sounds so should be used differently.
Quote by Zaphod_Beeblebr
Theory is descriptive, not prescriptive.

Quote by MiKe Hendryckz
theory states 1+1=2 sometimes in music 1+1=3.
Quote by Virtuoso883
Is it a good idea that i keep doing horizontal vibratos on an electric guitar, or should i learn to be able to do very fast vertical vibratos? I hope you know what i mean by vertical and horizontal.

work on the ones that are used in the music you are learning (and hopefully listening to). If you come across a different type in a new piece of music..... learn it.

Generally most rock/metal vibrato is vertical (shake string up and down). Classical guitarists tend to get vibrato by moving there finger side to side (horizontally)...... which makes sense for nylon strings.

use what is most appropriate.
shred is gaudy music