My guitarist has a marshall half stack which, if i recall correctly, is something in the range of 100-120w. I'm planning on getting a new amp. and im currently looking at a Behringer Ultrabass 450W 4x10 Combo amp and i was wondering if thats too big of a difference. i want to be heard but not overpower him.

also if anyones owned/played one i'd like to know what you think about it
Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop right there!!!!!!!! Do not even so much as think of getting the Behringer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, that's the most evil amp on the face of the earth. Acoustic or Ashdown are your best bets for both quality and value. Plus, with a Marshall, your guitarist is almost guaranteed to be louder than you.
oi put it down

get anything else.
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by goest
Nooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stop right there!!!!!!!! Do not even so much as think of getting the Behringer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, that's the most evil amp on the face of the earth. Acoustic or Ashdown are your best bets for both quality and value. Plus, with a Marshall, your guitarist is almost guaranteed to be louder than you.

lmao, your sig is awesome
His Marshall is a sonic monster; you'd be hard pressed to be overpowering with the specs you are looking at.

And avoid Behringer. Reasons? Read the FAQ (brands to avoid) and do a quick search of the forum. The answers will be enlightening and entertaining.
in all honesty if you want to actually compete with a guitar half stack you can either

A) Get 200 watts and tell him not to turn it so loud
B) if hes a fool and wont do that then get a half stack and never worry about being loud enough

EDIT : I meant Full stack
If that's a tube (which I'm guessing it is) you'll be needing about 600W+ to be clearly heard over it.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I bet it isn't. It's probably an MG head.

Nonetheless, they're not quiet.
i agree with everyone else here, no matter what you do, don't get that behringer.youll regret it. trust me. >.<
Marshall isn't bad, but it aint everybody's cup of tea.

try it out though. and try Ampeg, Ashdown, Acoustic, Fender, SWR, and a couple other things that don't come to mind right now.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by the humanity
Marshall isn't bad, but it aint everybody's cup of tea.

try it out though. and try Ampeg, Ashdown, Acoustic, Fender, SWR, and a couple other things that don't come to mind right now.

Seeing as how he was looking at a Behringer Ultrabass, I'm guessing he's on a budget. And though I would LOVE to agree with you about getting an SWR, they are a might expensive. And I totally agree with you about Marshall.
Les Claypool
Geddy Lee
Robert DeLeo
Flea

Weileder

...Coincidence? I think not.
I'm guessing he is cheap. and willing to buy used. and Marshall is a bit expensive.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
I think half stacks are total overkill for any band that play with an unmiced drumkit. Most of the time, the volume's at like, 2. you can easily make do with a combo half the size, and get a good sound from it cos it's working in the range it's supposed to work in.

#I'm just having a rant, I don't have anything constructive to say about what amp you should buy