It started off just like this one

then it went to this

Add a stratocaster neck and you get this!

soon to have some fender wide range pickups....
that looks nice.. i wouldnt of thought yellow and tortoise shell a good combination but that is lovely
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
I want one!

that colour!

JSK, that, along with yourself, rules

Gibson Buckethead Les Paul & Peter Frampton Les Paul
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
EHX Memory Man/Hazarai
Digitch Whammy
Sovtek Straight 4x12
Herdim Picks
Laney Linebacker 50 Reverb
MXR Phase 90
thanks guys!

Quote by Metallist65
Nice. How does it play?

to answer your question, it plays alright. i definatley prefer the longer scale of the strat neck compared to the stumpy one that comes on it. i'll probably get it setup with some 12's (came with 9's), but i want to get some wideranges first.
i have to say, that looks nice.
Ibanez RG321MH (Air Classic/Tone Zone)
Fernandes Telecaster (Twang King/stock bridge pickup)
Blackstar HT-20 (Scumback 55 speaker/ Tung Sol tubes)
TC Electronic Nova Repeater
Lava Cables Clear Connect, Soar and Mini ELC
Quote by forsaknazrael
how's the intonation? do notes across the neck play (reasonably) in tune..?

it needs a little work but not much. its tuned to a 440 so at the twelfth fret it rings at like 445. it still has the factory squire bridge settings on it lol
Here, follow this:
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/intonate.htm

I'm interesting to know how good the intonation is going to be.

You see, on a 25.5" scale instrument, like the Strat, the frets mathematically HAVE to be at certain distances, to play in tune.
These distances would be different on a 24" scale guitar, like the Jag.
Simply changing the neck won't account for these differences.

In fact, do this:
Measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret. Should be 12.75". Then measure from the 12th fret to the an approximation of where the bridge's saddles meet the strings. Should also be 12.75", if everything is okay in wonderland.
Quote by forsaknazrael
Here, follow this:
http://www.projectguitar.com/tut/intonate.htm

I'm interesting to know how good the intonation is going to be.

You see, on a 25.5" scale instrument, like the Strat, the frets mathematically HAVE to be at certain distances, to play in tune.
These distances would be different on a 24" scale guitar, like the Jag.
Simply changing the neck won't account for these differences.

In fact, do this:
Measure the distance from the nut to the 12th fret. Should be 12.75". Then measure from the 12th fret to the an approximation of where the bridge's saddles meet the strings. Should also be 12.75", if everything is okay in wonderland.

thanks for the link! i got it a little better now, its barely sharp at the twelfth. i measured it from the nut to 12th fret and it is 12.75, but from the 12th fret to where the string meets the saddle is 12.50, so its not exactly like a strat, but it seems to stay in tune just fine and the intonation is pretty close. not perfect but im sure a real tech could set it up better than i have
I've always wondered how that worked.

But back on topic. Did you just paint it and add a new neck?
Quote by J Son K
thanks for the link! i got it a little better now, its barely sharp at the twelfth. i measured it from the nut to 12th fret and it is 12.75, but from the 12th fret to where the string meets the saddle is 12.50, so its not exactly like a strat, but it seems to stay in tune just fine and the intonation is pretty close. not perfect but im sure a real tech could set it up better than i have

Hmm...Use a tuner to check individual notes, see how they are. For example, at the 3, 5, 7, and 8th frets, on the low E, my SG plays them perfectly. Not a little sharp, not a little flat.

Just a little curious. This could be fixed by moving the bridge back a little, though! Consider it.
Quote by Mecler
I've always wondered how that worked.

But back on topic. Did you just paint it and add a new neck?

pretty much. new neck, new tuners, i put strat style knobs on it, and a strat back trem cover. when i put the wideranges in i'm gonna put the pots and the switch from a 72 tele reissue in, so it will be a small upgrade compared to the chinamen electronics. its just a matter of winning an ebay auction lol
Quote by ohspyro89
Eh, I have to say your intonation will be more than a little off. Seeing as going from a 24" to a 25.5" scale there is going to be issues.

I put a 25.5" neck on a body meant for 24.75" and I had to completely move the bridge the difference. $50 says it's incredibly off.

i'm agreeing wtih you.
Yep, gotta move that bridge back to compensate.
All my photobucket pics are dead so no links to my guitar build threads.
My Music
BTW, is the finish just a layer of paint? You should clear-coat the thing with acrylic lacquer, while you're at it. Just repaint it so, the holes from where the bridge was won't show.

I wouldn't put new pickups into this thing until you fix the intonation problem. Playing out of tune will make it a nightmare to have you as a bandmate, IMO.
Quote by forsaknazrael
BTW, is the finish just a layer of paint? You should clear-coat the thing with acrylic lacquer, while you're at it. Just repaint it so, the holes from where the bridge was won't show.

I wouldn't put new pickups into this thing until you fix the intonation problem. Playing out of tune will make it a nightmare to have you as a bandmate, IMO.

the top coat is dupli color acrylic laquer. why is everybody tripping on the intonation? i rolled the saddles back and its showing that its 2/100ths of a semitone off at the twelfth. is that really that bad
Quote by ohspyro89
Where did you get that neck anyway? If it was a strat neck you would have some problems with scale, more than you are saying.

With a 25.5 on a 24 inch scale, you should expect it to be off at about the 3-5 frets.

the neck is a squire that came off an 80's strat from what i can remember. i have no idea why the intonation is not farther off, but i assure you its not according to my tuner.