If a program like Aussie/American idol was turned into a guitar idol equivalent what are your thoughts? How would the guitarists community react to this? Who would you think be good judges? Would you have ago and what would you play to impress the judges? How would you increase your chances of winning?

cheers
shaggs
I would imagine it would be like every show like this. The winner gets famous for a couple of days, then disappears.
The judges would need to have been in the rock/metal industry for at least 15 years.
Alex Skolnick, Dave Mustaine, Marty Friedman, Kerry King.
I'd watch it just for the judges!

I'd play Holy Wars, just for Dave!
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
1st of all, I don't think it be as easy as American Idol. Cuz that's all bout show. But as far as music, who loves wat music is gonna screw this all up. (Ya know, the old argument of say Punk is worse than Heavy Metal, etc.) It'd be virtually impossible to make judgements all the voters'd be happy with.
I think it'd be okay for most people, but there's always the genre's that aren't really accepted on tv shows
like on American Idol, it's mostly pop
I doubt a family would want to sit at home together and hear someone play black death speed metal
lol
guitar will become extreme mainstream thanks to guitarhero and guitar idol and everywere u look someone will b atempting to play but most likely horribly
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Quote by Metfan1991
I would imagine it would be like every show like this. The winner gets famous for a couple of days, then disappears.
The judges would need to have been in the rock/metal industry for at least 15 years.
Alex Skolnick, Dave Mustaine, Marty Friedman, Kerry King.
I'd watch it just for the judges!

I'd play Holy Wars, just for Dave!

Why those genres only? Blues, jazz, classical, country etc need a say.
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Fender Highway One Telecaster

TC Electronic Polytune
Electro Harmonix Pitchfork
Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive
Fultone OCD
Electro Harmonix Nano Big Muff
TC Electronics Flashback X 4
Strymon Blue Sky
Strymon El Capistan

Vox AC4
Quote by Sway!
Why those genres only? Blues, jazz, classical, country etc need a say.

Good point. I'd be amazed if you could find a fair judging system for all the genres of guitar out there.
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio Ebony/Gold
Jackson RR5 Ivory w/Black Pinstripes
Epiphone Les Paul 100 *For Sale*
Yamaha FX370C
Marshall AVT150HX + AVT4x12
Quote by VIRUSDETECTED
Take it to the pit.

*Reported*

yes I realise now that the pit is where this topic should be. i am still getting used to this site so how can it be moved accross?

shaggs
Quote by shaggz
yes I realise now that the pit is where this topic should be. i am still getting used to this site so how can it be moved accross?

shaggs

Make a new thread in the Pit, and copy n paste your text there.

*Closed*
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out