Well I just got my output jack of my guitar replaced about 2 weeks ago. And then a couple days ago, my amp started cutting in and out so I took it to the music shop and had them take a look at it and I bought a new cable thinking maybe my cable was screwed. Well today I got my amp back and they said that nothing is wrong with it at all. So I plugged it in and it's still cutting in and out with a new cable so I took a look at my guitar and found that my output jack already needs to be re-soldered. Does anyone have any idea why it would need it so soon? Was it just a bad solder?
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
probly, this happens to everyone. and its not that expensive to fix, so its definitely worth it. but if it broke in two weeks...i would take it to a different shop. they obviously didnt do too hot of a job
Quote by monkeysintheday
I have trained a live tarantula to calm and sit on my guitar due to the awesome powers of my rocking. When I am not playing it angrily bounces about my room hitting everything that isn't me.

Quote by stef123

rageagainst64 you are a legend!
probably a bad solder job.

it happened with my guitar when I replaced the pots and didn't solder it correctly to the jack.