If a program like Aussie/American idol was turned into a guitar idol equivalent what are your thoughts? How would the guitarists community react to this? Who would you think be good judges? Would you have ago and what would you play to impress the judges? How would you increase your chances of winning?

cheers
shaggs
it would sux because it would probably end up as a DragonForce who can shred the fastest contest because most people who would end up voting would know nothing about playing guitar.
I thought this was gonna be about that stupid product thats basically air guitar, except with an enormous plastic pick with a speaker
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Of course I don't wanna go in the woods. There's bears in there.

Quote by Deliriumbassist
Jeff Ament is a sexy sexy beast.

Quote by Karvid
Yes. Chest hair = automatic awesome. Even if you're a woman.
Quote by ViperScale
it would sux because it would probably end up as a DragonForce who can shred the fastest contest because most people who would end up voting would know nothing about playing guitar.

yeah, like that one episode of home movies

poor country guy....
it'll fail. people will just be concerned about who's the fastest, and then the show would change to suit the slower people and then it would be boring and then...you get the idea.
Yeah i agree with viperscale. Alot of really difficult chord switching, theory and subtlety won't impress your average viewer. It would just turn into a high gain shredfest.
would ruin guitar because they would want the contestants to play one genre of music and then every body in the world would think thats how guitarists are,it would be gay