Hey guys, first post here.

I have a Gibson LP Studio being run through a Marshall MG 50 and now I'm in a band would like a better amp more suited to live playing. My playing style is AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Chuck Berry kinda stuff with the odd heavier thing on the side but in esscence very blues orientated.

I tried out a Fender Hotrod Deluxe the other day, brilliant amp but I'd like a touch more distortion. Not a huge amount more, but just enough to give it more of a kick on the heavier numbers. The clean tone however is just about perfect. Effects-wise I'm not overy fussed, though I think I might miss the delay and chorus effects my Marshall has! I've not really had anything to compare it to though, so I'm pretty much lost after here!

My budget is no more than £500. Ideally I'd like to spend less but £500 is the absolute maximum I'd want to spend. I don't know exactly how much this is in Dollars though.

Thanks all
Well, you could go for a Vox Ac15 or a used Ac30. Maybe then you could get a pedal for one of them, they both take pedals very well.
Quote by the_elements600
Hey guys, first post here.

I have a Gibson LP Studio being run through a Marshall MG 50 and now I'm in a band would like a better amp more suited to live playing. My playing style is AC/DC, Lynyrd Skynyrd and Chuck Berry kinda stuff with the odd heavier thing on the side but in esscence very blues orientated.

I tried out a Fender Hotrod Deluxe the other day, brilliant amp but I'd like a touch more distortion. Not a huge amount more, but just enough to give it more of a kick on the heavier numbers. The clean tone however is just about perfect. Effects-wise I'm not overy fussed, though I think I might miss the delay and chorus effects my Marshall has! I've not really had anything to compare it to though, so I'm pretty much lost after here!

My budget is no more than £500. Ideally I'd like to spend less but £500 is the absolute maximum I'd want to spend. I don't know exactly how much this is in Dollars though.

Thanks all

The Peavey Classic 30 is often compared to the HRD. The Peavey is a little more british sounding, and has a much better lead channel. The cleans aren't quite as good as the HRD though.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/peavey_classic_30.htm

It's recommended ALOT around here.

This Guy is Stupid.
|
\/
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
Well, you could go for a Vox Ac15 or a used Ac30. Maybe then you could get a pedal for one of them, they both take pedals very well.

This.

Also: Laney Lionheart, Orange Tiny Terror.
Quote by imgooley
This.

Also: Laney Lionheart, Orange Tiny Terror.

I tried the 5w Lionheart combo and was very impressed with it's sound.
Plus, it uses a celestion g12 heritage speaker, which really makes it sound special.\
You can't go wrong with it.

TS, where are you playing? Because the 5w Lionheart would be phenomenal for bedroom use!
Last edited by DerekTheDominoe at Sep 9, 2008,
Quote by DerekTheDominoe
I tried the 5w Lionheart combo and was very impressed with it's sound.
Plus, it uses a celestion g12 heritage speaker, which makes me wonder why it doesn't cost more than 1000$.

Plus, TS is a Brit, so Laneys are teh cheep over there.
get some kind of marshall 18 watt clone.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Just had a quick look at the Peavey Classic 30, sounds pretty good on the few youtube vids I watched, have to see if I can find a dealer later this week if I can.

Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll have a better look in the morning after a few hours sleep!