Page 1 of 4
I thought it'd be a nice idea and have one big thread about everything dealing with physics and what not.

Wikipedia! - Physics, in everyday terms, is the science of matter and its motion; the science that deals with concepts such as force, energy, mass, and charge for example. More accurately, it is the general analysis of nature, conducted in order to understand how the world around us behaves.

GO!
A+ in honors physics
oh yeah
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
I'm a physics major at UNH.
Quote by Th6r6a6sH
The Pit is a reliable source of information
Quote by imdeth
My penis is tough. My penis is elite.
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
I like Luigi.

His cock is maximum.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.

OPETH RULES.

Member of Åkerfeldtism

My last.fm
when i graduated high school, i wanted to either study physics or be a guitar performance major. i figured guitar would get more chicks so i chose that.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
I love astrophysics and the concepts in it, but my suckiness at all things maths meant I had to give up doing physics. Ah well, I'll just stick to doing Law.
Regelation is where it's at.
Quote by Altered_Carbon
That's some bony hipster sex, which may be the best kind.
I've been reading Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" and I still don't understand much of it. I usually have big discussions about things like super string theory, quantum mechanics, and black holes with my dad, but I only see him every few weeks.

What is the theory called where they think that the Big Bang was created because a previous Universe contracted in on itself, and then expanded again (the Big Bang) and is still expanding today? And wouldn't if the previous Universe got so dense, would it make a really, really, REALLY, large black hole?
im studying engineering. sh1t loads of applied physics involved, but luckily we dont have too much to do with theoretical physics
Ibanez RGT42FM w/duncans
Musuc Man JP6, fully loaded
Crybaby 95Q
Boss DD6
Mesa DC-5
Quote by guitarkid2113
I've been reading Stephen Hawking's "A Brief History of Time" and I still don't understand much of it. I usually have big discussions about things like super string theory, quantum mechanics, and black holes with my dad, but I only see him every few weeks.

What is the theory called where they think that the Big Bang was created because a previous Universe contracted in on itself, and then expanded again (the Big Bang) and is still expanding today? And wouldn't if the previous Universe got so dense, would it make a really, really, REALLY, large black hole?

Well, there would be nothing for the black hole to attract, and nowhere for the matter to go. It couldn't exist. I think logically the only thing it could do is expand.

Speaking as a mother...

If someone gets that reference I will be very happy.
The only problem with Physics is I'm the only guy who did GCSE Double Award science, so I feel stupid...

Not really, I'm kinda enjoying it, and I've got a smart friend who helps when I get stuck
Quote by webbtje
Well, there would be nothing for the black hole to attract, and nowhere for the matter to go. It couldn't exist. I think logically the only thing it could do is expand.

Speaking as a mother...

Oh yeah, true...true.

But what really gets me, and I get that feeling where my mind is like "No, you can't go there." is where you starting thinking about how big the Universe is, and if there were previous Universe's and what kind of civilizations could have existed in their time... I feel like I'm gonna crash my brain when I deal with that stuff.
Quote by guitarkid2113

what you are looking for is "The big crunch"

which would happen if the density of matter was enough for gravitation to eventually pull the entire universe back together into a singularity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Density_parameter
hw can u believ in physics its just a theory?????
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by guitarkid2113

It's called the big crunch, and I'm not so sure on the collapsing of matter into a large black hole.
Dude I love Psychics. They always pull stuff out of their asses but it's fun to listen to.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by guitarkid2113
Oh yeah, true...true.

But what really gets me, and I get that feeling where my mind is like "No, you can't go there." is where you starting thinking about how big the Universe is, and if there were previous Universe's and what kind of civilizations could have existed in their time... I feel like I'm gonna crash my brain when I deal with that stuff.

Yeah, exactly. I have absolutely no firm grounding about any of this stuff, but I love thinking about it. Gives you a sense of perspective on things.
Quote by lp345
Quiz

What is Newtons 2nd law

Should be easy for you college folk

Action - reaction? Dunno
Quote by lp345
Quiz

What is Newtons 2nd law

Should be easy for you college folk

Something along the lines of... the acceleration of an object is equal to the force acting on that object?

Yes? I learned that last year in physical science (9th grade.)
Quote by guitarkid2113
Something along the lines of... the acceleration of an object is equal to the force acting on that object?

Yes? I learned that last year in physical science (9th grade.)

Resultant Force = Mass x Accelaration
I just started a Science of Acoustics course at college. It's pretty sweet, but the main part is that the teacher is a precise copy of Tommy Chong.
Quote by allislost
I would say that aetherspear speaks nothing but the truth.
UG Blues Group
UG Reggae & Dub Group
Need Professional Mixing for cheap? Need Vinyl to Digital Transfers? PM Me.
Quote by guitarkid2113
Ohhh... I see.

It was funny...about the second day of physics, the teacher asked me the same question. I was completely stumped He made me feel like a dumbass
Quantum tunneling really confused me last year. Didn't get it at all - just BSed my way through that question on the test.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by webbtje
Speaking as a mother...

Is that Bill Bailey? His rant about a brief history of time, and the saddle shaped universe on the back on an intergalactic space donkey always has me in stiches

and way

Physics FTW!

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
I watched Part Troll yesterday. The man is a genius.

Anyway I'm supposedly a physics student. It's just my day gig though. By night I'm a masked vigilante.
Someone explain this exam question to me ,
A planet of mass m is orbiting around the sun of mass M, with a mean orbital radius R. It's orbital speed is v. Obtain two expressions for v in terms of:
1) the periodic time T of the planet
2) In terms of mass M of the sun

hence show that the ratio R^3/T^2 has a constant value

Edit: pretty please
Last edited by Virtuoso883 at Sep 9, 2008,
Quote by Virtuoso883
Someone explain this exam question to me ,
A planet of mass m is orbiting around the sun of mass M, with a mean orbital radius R. It's orbital speed is v. Obtain two expressions for v in terms of:
1) the periodic time T of the planet
2) In terms of mass M of the sun

hence show that the ratio R^3/T^2 has a constant value

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circular_motion
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Lol ^^
so what are you people studying physics for? I'm aiming for an aviation career, maybe commercial but I'd love to enter the jet plane fleet in Italy although they're probably not short on pilots
Quote by Virtuoso883
Lol ^^
so what are you people studying physics for? I'm aiming for an aviation career, maybe commercial but I'd love to enter the jet plane fleet in Italy although they're probably not short on pilots

It's still my dream to become a famous musician, or be able to live off of it... but I just like thinking about things like this. I don't really know of any careers yet, but I'm sure they'll come up in my schooling.
i'm taking AP Physics B and i happen to be the only one who doesn't have plans of becoming an engineer in that class.

the class is a total sausage fest, too.
Sent from my iPad.
^ WTF! Your name was green the last time I saw you.

I want to be an expert in Physics so I can sell out on television like Michio Kaku did.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Page 1 of 4