so, i am 99% sure im right, and going to continue to act like i am either way, but for the shits of knowing, i present you with this situation:

in my band, the bassist owes a person who he usta live with and is friends with friends of mine 6 months rent because he didnt have the money, and she never asked him for it, or at least never gave him the pay or get out scenario.

we just lost our old practice space at our bassists house because new roomates and neighbors dont like live music being played for 4-6 hours at a time. now we practice at the drummers house, who happens to live in a room at this same house, with the same girl who is still on the lease renting out rooms to friends/whoever. she told us we could practice there, that we could play till 11pm. that we could use the garage if we wanted. before we started practicing i talked with her about it being cool that he(the bassist) comes over and practices, not hang out, not chill, not drink her fvcking tap water, just to practice. she said yes. i told her that i understood that she hates him, and dosnt want him there. i understand that. i told her i didnt want a problem with him being over or we wouldnt even practice there. i dont like being on edge in a situation where im trying to write and organize music, so i went over the scenerio to ensure this wouldnt happen.

we got paid last saturday for a gig(only $120) and then 2 days ago we needed to practice for a show we had last night. i get a call from the drummer(who lives there) saying that she said its not cool till we pay her 1/4 of what we made from that show, basically "his" cut. we arnt allowed to play there, etc. what have you.

we dont split money like that. it goes back into the band. we are a band, not 4 people. my problems are not the bands problems. his problems are not the bands problems. i laid all this out ahead of time, not in those exact words, but clear enough where the basic grasp of the english language would lead you to understand that without question.

so i called her up. asked her if she was serious, then thanked her for not keeping her word and waiting till the most opportune time to stick a knife in us and twist it.

yes he owes her ~$3000, he just got a job and plans on paying her back asap, he's just been in a rough situation and finally pulled himself out of it.

that one particular gig we did end up splitting the money 4 ways but no one besides the band knew that, so theres no reason to think he got $30, which is only 1% of what he owes her anyways, not significant by any means.

the singer said we should just pay her and write it off as a practice space for the band. which i wouldnt mind doing, but when your playing the game, play by the rules. you dont like the rules? fine, we can change the rules. but not on game day.

so am i right for being pissed at this whole situation? i mean she's trying to put her grubby little hands in our pot and using her leverage to get what she wants. she came to our show last night and we briefly made eye contact, by accident and didnt exchange one word.

either way, i usta not like her just cause she was annoying and loud and kinda ugly, now i have a legitimate reason

tl;dr

bassist owes old roomate money of drummers house where we practice. before we started practicing i laid out the situation that just arose, but she said it wouldnt be a problem. after our first gig we got paid for after practicing there, she demands 1/4 the money or we cant play there. i call her up, kinda be a dick, but make my point. she says she dosnt care. we havnt spoken since.
TL;DR

tell her she is a bitch

actually that was a generic answer then at the bottom i noticed you provided us with a TL;DR, thank you

actually telling her she is a bitch is the right answer

EDIT: and if she 'provides' then she can have a cut from your first hit album
well the bottom line is that its her house that you are practicing at and the guy owes her 3 grand. id be pissed too. but she should have told you straight forward she wants some money so she will be payed back. just find a new place.....honestley, if somebody owed YOU $3000, you would probably be a dick to them too
Quote by Tedward
TL;DR

tell her she is a bitch

actually that was a generic answer then at the bottom i noticed you provided us with a TL;DR, thank you

actually telling her she is a bitch is the right answer

EDIT: and if she 'provides' then she can have a cut from your first hit album

not my first time reading/posting a long story, imma give you guys a tl;dr

ok good, i basically did, and my actions deffinitally said it. i feel if i apologize i would extinguish alot of the situation, but no. im right. she's a bitch.

i dont know exactly what you mean by "provides" but if its providing a practice spot, the drummer pays rent there, we asked as "friends", she said ok. if you mean provides as in dark room favors.. been there done that, realized how drunk i was and a bad decision in the works, so i turned my back and went to sleep.
You're not wrong, but neither is she. You should be pissed what she did was ****ed up. BUT your bassist does owe her money and his cut should go to paying her back. Especially since she was nice enough to let you practice there. 30 dollars may be a miniscule portion of what he owes, but if someone offered you thirty dollars would you say, "no thanks, it's only thirty dollars!"? Now, let me just say, because I know that you'll probably freak out because you think the question I just asked implied you offered her the money, that I'm positive you didn't offer it. But nonetheless the bassists cut should definitely go to her. Especially since he got it from using her apartment ONCE AGAIN.

But you do still have a right to be pissed about it. But don't be immature and if you don't mind paying to practice there, then pay it. This isn't quite a situation to douche it up for principle.
Quote by guitarslutxxx
well the bottom line is that its her house that you are practicing at and the guy owes her 3 grand. id be pissed too. but she should have told you straight forward she wants some money so she will be payed back. just find a new place.....honestley, if somebody owed YOU $3000, you would probably be a dick to them too

well i flat out asked her if it would be a problem. and got a simple "no" as an answer. now it is.

and yes i dont wana practice there, we are looking for a new spot. we are gonna make this work while we can. we gave her $20 just because we NEEDED to practice a song we had only written a few days earlier and were playing at a show the next day.

she's always a dck to him, but the truth of the matter is she let this happen to herself. i mean, someone dosnt pay rent for one month, any normal landlord evicts you. someone dosnt pay rent for 2 months, a friend tells you that you need to pay or find somewhere else to live. someone gets away without paying for 6 months is just an error on the lease's behalf for not stopping a problem thats obviously spiraling out of control. he was more wrong than her, but she's not in the clear by any means. and she housed more people in the house than were on the lease, and more than the landlord knew about or said that they could have there.
Quote by merfsullivan
You're not wrong, but neither is she. You should be pissed what she did was ****ed up. BUT your bassist does owe her money and his cut should go to paying her back. Especially since she was nice enough to let you practice there. 30 dollars may be a miniscule portion of what he owes, but if someone offered you thirty dollars would you say, "no thanks, it's only thirty dollars!"? Now, let me just say, because I know that you'll probably freak out because you think the question I just asked implied you offered her the money, that I'm positive you didn't offer it. But nonetheless the bassists cut should definitely go to her. Especially since he got it from using her apartment ONCE AGAIN.

But you do still have a right to be pissed about it. But don't be immature and if you don't mind paying to practice there, then pay it. This isn't quite a situation to douche it up for principle.

like i said in my wall of text, when we're playing the game, play by the rules. you dont like the rules? fine, we can change them. but not on game day.

i know what he did was f-ed up. but its not our individual moneys, its band money. its going into us recording, not to drinking or the whatnot. if she wants to charge us to play there because he owes her money, say that. dont drop the hammer down when you know you have us by the balls.
Quote by merfsullivan
Are you seriously saying she deserved what she got for trying to be nice to someone?

not exactly, im saying she could have made this $1000 problem.
Yeah, if someone owed me $3000, I'd want it right away, and no favours until I got it. Then, when I get the money, I'd consider letting those people rent space from me again.
Quote by brentondig
Yeah, if someone owed me $3000, I'd want it right away, and no favours until I got it. Then, when I get the money, I'd consider letting those people rent space from me again.

she offered to let us practice there. i asked if this situation would be a problem. she said no dont worry about it, its fine. i directly asked her if his debt to her was going to be an issue. thats the problem i have. if she would have said, well i'd really like it if you guys give me his portion of the money while you practice here, then i'd be 100% wrong. but i asked, laid out the situation, and now it blew up in my face because of females being irrational.

its not his band, me and the other guitarist "founded" it. i more or less manage it. the other guitarist is the front man. im not saying he isnt an equal 1/4 of the band, but its not like HIS band is there practicing.