Ok so for christmas last year, a buddy of mine bought me a Orange Micro Crush 3 guitar amp, (it's a dinky lil 1 watt amp running on a 9-volt battery or an AC/DC adapter) but it came to me used and without a battery or an adapter. Long story short, I told my lil bro to run and grab me a 12 volt adapter, so he went and got it and plugged it in...

There was a loud pop, a puff of smoke and the scent of burning things, so i went and ran it outside.

Turns out, it was actually a 120 watt adapter. Woot for lil bro.

Now, a few month later, I see if I can't get it to work, and it turns on and there is a quiet buzz, but no sound will come out. I've tried several batteries/ adapters, and two different guitars and even an ipod with a 1/4 inch jack adapter, can't get it to make a sound. Any suggestions?
The speaker may be blown out, the amp's circuit may be fried... who knows?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??

lol fire
but seriouly idk
Call me Justyn

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Buy another amp; any cost of repairs won't be worth it for such a small/cheap amp.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
pics or shit no happened....
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
Unfortunately, it was a few months ago... It was freakin hilarious running out of the house with the lil guy though hehe

The speaker makes a buzz so i beleive it works still... What if I were to hook this up to a larger speaker? Or would that be damaging...?

And if a circuits blown, is that like a radio-shack kinda fix or is it even worth it?
If the amp is rated for 9V why on Earth would you want to plug a 12 volt current into it for? "Woot for you"

I don't think you fried your speaker so don't waste any money on that yet. The most common case of over voltage damage is the main capacitor get blow up. Open the amp and search for it.

My friend accidentally plugged 18 volts into his Internet router and the main capacitor gave us a huge bang. After we replaced the thing everything worked as nothing ever happened.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Thanks for the feedback, hminh. Here's what i gotta say~

Quote by hminh87
If the amp is rated for 9V why on Earth would you want to plug a 12 volt current into it for? "Woot for you"

I forgot to mention (I thought it would be irrellivent) on the back it specifically says "DC9V~DC12V" right under the hole for plugging the adapter into. It happens to take the low end of 9V for the battery, and even if it didn't, I wouldn't have thought that a 3 volt difference would have made an enormous difference... I may have been wrong, I'm not entirely skilled with things of this nature to begin with...

Quote by hminh87

My friend accidentally plugged 18 volts into his Internet router and the main capacitor gave us a huge bang. After we replaced the thing everything worked as nothing ever happened.

I google'd "Main Capacitor" and I think I can identify it within the amp... I can't tell if it is damaged in any way, though. Where would I go to buy a new one of the same calibur? Would best buy or radioshack work? And is this somthing I can do myself?
Well, if it doesn't work now, and it worked before you futzed with it...

Then something happened to it. Something that would have to be fixed.
But if you don't know whether it worked or not, then I have no ideas. Get a new amp.
Proud Member of the "Shoop da Whoop club"
PM C.C. Deville to join

O _0
/###############
|###############
\###############
Quote by ValenceElectron
But if you don't know whether it worked or not, then I have no ideas. Get a new amp.

It isn't my main, its for a haloween costume actually... as a joke I'm going to go to a nerd costume party as herman li (this is just a joke people... I have nothing for or against Mr Li, It's just for the nerdy aspect...) I just need to have a amp i can carry with me, and this works well.

You'de have to be either just starting out as a guitarist, in love with orange amps, or be highly mobile in order to take these amps seriously. And I'm not.