Page 1 of 2
I dont want this to be a /cutmywrist emo thread. But things just seem to be dull. Nothing seems like they were, and really dont feel happy any more about anything.

For the first time i feel uncomfortable about being in my own skin, and self concious about the way i look which is very abnormal for me because ive always felt very confident in the way i look. It just feels like everything is raining on me and nothing ever gets better.

So is this just a teenage fade or would you say i have depression? Ive always thought it was just being a teenager but there has always been a thought in the back of my mind thats says its more than just that.

Id say i have felt this way since about the 7th grade when i was about 13. im 17 now.

I dont want this to be another one of those threads but UG is the only place i feel i can freely express my self and the way i feel anonymously.
it's called puberty. you'll grow out of it.
Fender Tele
Breedlove SM20
Cort M800

Peavey Classic 30
Roland Microcube

Digitech RP250
Digitech Bad Monkey
You sir need an ice cream cone.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

,___,
[¬.¬]
/)__)
-"--"-

Quote by FishCream
Stop Performing Meathook Sodomy On Yourself
I think it's just normal.
I feel the same way right now, as a matter of fact.

Or we're both totally ****ed. We'll see, PM me if you like, if you need to talk

Pick flowers not fights.
Make love not war.
Drop acid not bombs.

if you've had it for 4 years, it may be important to get a therapist or someone to help you.
Depression is a serious issue, and you should speak to your doctor about it, as they can find someone to aid you.
sometimes it can be a phase, but a lot of the time it's more than that. it could be a biological imbalance or a psychological disorder. your best bet would be to get it checked out
do something different a change of atmosphere helped me a lot
" i saw these 2 girls kiss and i i got all horny and stuff"
I think its just you being a teen. I prescribe some ice-cream and a visit to the hug thread.
H e l l o .
A good dose of Joy Division is what you need

They got me through my miserable teens
Your 17, don't worry, I felt the same at that age after I got kicked out of home, you'll be grand in a week.....at least I was, ah well its not all bad
i went through the same, feeling there was no point in anything as it was the same routine everyday; but i got over it recently and now everythings fine.
if you feel like cutting yourself off from everyone like i felt like doing, dont, its times like these you need people the most
No endeavour rivals science in its incremental progress towards a more complete understanding of the observable universe.
Quote by the_man101
I dont want this to be a /cutmywrist emo thread. But things just seem to be dull. Nothing seems like they were, and really dont feel happy any more about anything.

For the first time i feel uncomfortable about being in my own skin, and self concious about the way i look which is very abnormal for me because ive always felt very confident in the way i look. It just feels like everything is raining on me and nothing ever gets better.

So is this just a teenage fade or would you say i have depression? Ive always thought it was just being a teenager but there has always been a thought in the back of my mind thats says its more than just that.

Id say i have felt this way since about the 7th grade when i was about 13. im 17 now.

I dont want this to be another one of those threads but UG is the only place i feel i can freely express my self and the way i feel anonymously.

My early teens i had a 'i dont care what people think of me' attidude, i would barely wash, never make myself look good, then as i got to 15ish i started becoming very image concious, and i still am, but im not depressed, im happy with how i look, i cant look any better (not to say i look good though) so, know, can only work with what you have
It's psychological. You have to think positive literally.

Or eat an ice cream
PS3

Fear the LIME

X
I felt the same way at your age until I made a bunch of new friends. Guess it was lucky that i did as i felt at the time it wouldn't pass. If your really unsure, go see a doctor, but don't let it drag on! You could be wasting the best years of your life!
Quote by Sammy2K7
i went through the same, feeling there was no point in anything as it was the same routine everyday; but i got over it recently and now everythings fine.
if you feel like cutting yourself off from everyone like i felt like doing, dont, its times like these you need people the most

that hit the mark. I kinda feel like i just want to move to some where new and start over and just leave everything here i have behind.
I used to (and still do sometimes) feel exactly the same as you describe, I only just hit 17 yesterday
I appear to have helped a lot of people through it, so I'm more than happy to try and help you, pm me if you fancy a chat sometime
ohai little sig.
Quote by slaveofsatan

+1

But seriously, its probably just a phase, im snapping in and out of it now anyways

Made by 'The Sloganizer' ----> «The Pit - be prepared.»

Quote by imdeth

"Billy eat your broccolli!"

"Screw you mom!" *raises arms*

PHEAR MA TURRETS!!
same here, just the raging hormones in my opinion (sudden fits of self hate, general discontent)... i hope we grow out of it at least.
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158
yup, it's just called being a teenager. I felt like that all through out sophomore and junior year of high school. It's finally senior year, and I feel a lot more confident in my body image and all that. It might take a while to get out of it, but once you do, you'll feel great.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
yea pretty much a teenage phase. but dont be aware of it and consciously dwell into it and really become emo

think positive
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by slaveofsatan

+1

Yeah, I definitely know what you mean. I've felt like that before, and still do on and off, sometimes anyway. Also same thing happens with recurring laziness. I'll be in the mood to do something crazy, and then the next week, just do nothing. :S Weird stuff.
Keep your grades up man. Don't do drugs. Find something you like doing and are good at. Don't make the purpose of your life one of devotion to a spoiled teenage girl. When you find that one thing or many things, look forward to them when you feel down. You'll be in college soon enough and all the people around that gave up or got tired of socialization will be replaced with a fresh batch of new friends. And why yes, you are going to college because you will keep your grades up. You should work toward something that you can be proud of. I hope you all the best sir.
I think I've become a bit more self conscious but for the better, I'm caring about how I look more.
i feel that way sometimes... this may sound weird but I get a McDonalds happy meal and it cheers me right the hell up. I dont know why.
yeah reiterating what everyone else is saying, its just life.

you'll feel like shit for a while longer ay.

& dont get a girlfriend & put your whole happyness into her.
i dont mean your wang lol...
Quote by hightension01

Tell her
"I could be playing this *inserts Job For a Cowboys Doom Cd*
but i'd rather play this *inserts *David Crowder followed by Brewster*"

haha yeah that should work

Quote by Aqua Dementia
richrawr FTW!
Quote by lp345
A good dose of Joy Division is what you need

They got me through my miserable teens

Woot woot

but yeah its jus the teen years or you might be ugly :_(
i've had the same thing for about 5-6 yrs, i think it could be just hormones or whatever, but i think i should see a therapist, what do you guys think?
Quote by FrenchyFungus

Awww, thanks Frenchy

Quote by Cobain_Is_King
I got a packet of Love Hearts when I was six and every one said 'You Have a Tiny Penis'

Hate humans? Click here
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"

Here you go.
You know what to do with it.
Watch it until you realize that a sex change can be the answer sometimes.
Quote by slaveofsatan

This, but with a comma after 'sir' and some sprinkles on said ice cream cone.
What you need, my friend, is to just hang out with your friends, go out and just have some good times, meet some new people, and just enjoy life and stop caring about you're appearance and what people think of you. It happens to everyone. (Ice cream would help too)
Good music should make you wanna get up and dance. Great music should set fire to cop cars and destroy dumpsters. I'm only interested in Great Music.
-Tom Morello
Page 1 of 2