1st Question: Is it possible to have 2 hurricanes collide into one other? If so, what would happen? Would they combine? Tear each other apart?

2nd Question:
If a Hurricane(typhoon) from the other side of the world (one that should be spinning the opposite direction) made it to the U.S. Would it change the way it spun? Or would it keep spinning in the direction opposite to us?

Also, to tie this in with the first question, what would happen if 2 Hurricanes spinning the opposite direction collided? Would they simply cancel each other out?

I know that these are hypothetical questions, and this could probably never happen, but they are mind boggling none the less.
if they collide, they would both lose some of their structure and either turn into a tropical depression of sort or reform into a hurricane. its just spiraling tropical clouds. but honestly because they are both low pressure systems they would not be attracted to each other, if anything they would repel each other.
So.....wanna' ....put......the pear.....!

EDIT: I already have a long time ago, but I've grown up..... *pear*
For the first question, i think the movie The Perfect Storm would be true. Idk about the direction questions. Or if anyone does.
they'd repel each other, and the opposite ones would get close enough to each other without fading out
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
the pear would descend from the clouds and find all of the Pit monkies of the world and proceed to cum blood on them.

edit: sorry, i couldnt resist.
Quote by nodice182
Denny Crane.

Quote by dmiwshicldply
touche vman, touche

mate. feed. kill. repeat.
if they were going the same way id guess they would have more chance of stopping eachother than if two hurricanes going different ways collided. If that happened i could only assume they would speed eachother up.

its hard to explain but think of overlapping 2 circles both spinning clockwise. now think of 1 clockwise and 1 counter clockwise.

that would be an uber hurricane.
Hurricanes are awesome. Unless you're living in Cuba right now. Or anywhere in the Gulf of Mexico.
to answer the '1 hurricane traveling to the opposite side of the world' question, i don't think hurricane rotation is related at all to the earth's rotation, so it wouldn't change directions.
Anyone care to take a shot at the 2nd question? Thats the one that I really would like to know :P

Thanks for all the responses.
So here's what will happen. Say, hypothetically speaking of course, they turn on the Large Hardon Collider. They shoot the particles at each other, but miss, and one end of the particles comes flying out of the Indian Ocean, right into the eye of Typhoon Ahmadinejad. This causes something no one has ever seen or even heard of that for the sake of hypothesizing i will call "Crazy Aqua". So when the particles fly out of the Indian Ocean, they bring a mountain (quite literally) of water with them. This large leviathan of liquid actually pushes the typhoon up into the stratosphere, into one of the jet streams. When the typhoon hits the jet stream, it gets blown strait toward Mexico. Weeks later, "Crazy Aqua" Ahmadinejad slams into the west coast of Mexico, Bringing the mountain of water with it. The mountain of water floods Mexico, which causes the "Crazy Aqua" to get stronger. By the time it reaches Florida, it's 500 miles across. It then collides with Hurricane Katilina, which causes it to be even more unstoppable then it was. It kills millions of people every day, and Ruler of the World , FrenchyFungus, knows only one force mighty enough to stop this. It calls upon the Almighty Zapp, who raises the original ban-hammer, and using the power of Asianface, Rips the LHC out of Sweden....or where ever it is....anyway. He uses this "Black Hole Machine" to create a black whole. He then sucks "Crazy Aqua" Ahmadinejad into the black whole, and then throws it out into space.......................And all is well for a Time.

I got too much time on my hands.....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
for quetson number two... i don't think that its really possible for a hurricane to travel in a direction that far or whatever but saying it was possible, it would stop spinning at the middle point and then spin reversely on entering the other zone i would assume.
Quote by biga29
So here's what will happen. Say, hypothetically speaking of course, they turn on the Large Hardon Collider. They shoot the particles at each other, but miss, and one end of the particles comes flying out of the Indian Ocean, right into the eye of Typhoon Ahmadinejad. This causes something no one has ever seen or even heard of that for the sake of hypothesizing i will call "Crazy Aqua". So when the particles fly out of the Indian Ocean, they bring a mountain (quite literally) of water with them. This large leviathan of liquid actually pushes the typhoon up into the stratosphere, into one of the jet streams. When the typhoon hits the jet stream, it gets blown strait toward Mexico. Weeks later, "Crazy Aqua" Ahmadinejad slams into the west coast of Mexico, Bringing the mountain of water with it. The mountain of water floods Mexico, which causes the "Crazy Aqua" to get stronger. By the time it reaches Florida, it's 500 miles across. It then collides with Hurricane Katilina, which causes it to be even more unstoppable then it was. It kills millions of people every day, and Ruler of the World , FrenchyFungus, knows only one force mighty enough to stop this. It calls upon the Almighty Zapp, who raises the original ban-hammer, and using the power of Asianface, Rips the LHC out of Sweden....or where ever it is....anyway. He uses this "Black Hole Machine" to create a black whole. He then sucks "Crazy Aqua" Ahmadinejad into the black whole, and then throws it out into space.......................And all is well for a Time.

I got too much time on my hands.....

...wrong thread?....if not I have no idea wtf you're getting at lol.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
...wrong thread?....if not I have no idea wtf you're getting at lol.

it's because im getting at nothing...and no im not in the wrong thread. i said what i thought would happen when two hurricanes collide.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by Capua47
for quetson number two... i don't think that its really possible for a hurricane to travel in a direction that far or whatever but saying it was possible, it would stop spinning at the middle point and then spin reversely on entering the other zone i would assume.

Wouldn't stopping just make the hurricane/typhoon cease to exist?

Where is that "middle point"?

What would make it spin the other direction?

Any takers? lol
2nd one: Nom, first of all, it wouldn't come f*cking close to the USA, and if it did, it wouldn't spin another way becase they dont do that.
Myspace.

Quote by djmay71
it wasn't 7 days, it was 5.

and you call yourself the son of catholics

Quote by hugh20
I would keep it on my mantel piece and tell my grandchildren about the day I tried to overthrow the human race with my race of tree-men.
I would think that one would weaken then other. when that hurricane hit NC recently, fay i think, Ike or some other hurricane was near it and it was preventing Fay from strengthening, so if they got close enough then one would probably nullify the other. that isnt based on anything scientific, just what i think would happen.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Surely someone can help us all out!
\

I tried you didnt like my answer.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Quote by biga29
\

I tried you didnt like my answer.

Sorry, I'd like a more scientifically backed explanation please lol.
Quote by Guitarfreak777

Sorry, I'd like a more scientifically backed explanation please lol.

It was very scientific........in my head....
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
im not sure, thats a mind****
Quote by Bloodavian
Its not about the Radio its about talent, the front man has a bigger vocal range than Micheal Jackson and he can sing from heavey metal to high pitched ...No.12 on the top 20 under rated guitarists of ALL TIME...etc

1-Bloodavian 0-Forkman.

^Fail^
i watched a documentary about the storms on venus and it said when two hurricanes collide, the stronger one sort of "swallows" or envelops the weaker one.
Quote by Marshmelllow
graphs. graphs always work. my old work place had an awesome printer, so i was constantly making graphs.

that was until i made a graph of how much my boss pissed me off. but seriously dude, graphs.