We just got a really weird letter in the mail today. The letter was unmarked. Just our last name and address. No return address on it. Inside it was a typed out letter that was basically talking about our neighbor. It said that he was involved in tax fraud, harboring fugitives, being apart of the Aryan Nation, and many other allegations. I looked up some of the stuff, and I did find out that his house was raided by about 30 BATF agents, but nothing was found. So, I'm thinking that whoever wrote this letter is making some stuff up. I checked to look for some organization that might sending this out, but found nothing. No one took credit for writing the letter. I'm positive this isn't from the police or anything. Has anyone else had anything similar?
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
your neighbour pissed off some guy so now they're trying to slander him

edit: maybe he pissed off some scientologists
The FBI

Fat balding idiots

Your neighbour was probably a member but left them, only to begin making fun of them, so now they are out for revenge.
Quote by 20cdndollars
You are god, floppypick

Floppydick

If that's how you read my name, leave a message saying so on my profile
It's probably a revenge letter, trying to get you to report him for something. It was probably written by somebody who hated them.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by seljer

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

I didn't think about scientologists though.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Quote by seljer

ye probably
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
it was most likely just someone from your neighborhood who heard about their house being raided and wanted to make a big deal about because their life sucks. every neighborhood has that person
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
My first thought was someone is just messing with you.

But if his was actually raided by 30 agents, then I don't know

I'd ignore it for now.
anthraxzorz!!!!

idk who its from and they obviuosly dont want you to know.so you might just want to keep out of it.

Left hand man of the fargoth fanclub! PM lamafunguy to join.

Quote by InvaderTSN
Better yet. "My arm is tired, could I put it in between your legs so I can sexually violate you during the movie?"
Quote by Irnmaiden4life
lets watch this thread die like i should have on page 1
Quote by Limabean231
My first thought was someone is just messing with you.

But if his was actually raided by 30 agents, then I don't know

I'd ignore it for now.

This was back in the 90s though. I'm not sure if I wanna report it to police or not, cause if some guy is making all these false statements off of one thread of truth, I don't wanna give my neighbor any trouble.

sounds like another neighbor's pissed off at that neighbor and wants to use the neighborhood to turn against him. you should type a letter with no name or anything (like the one you received) written "I don't care" and pop it in everyone's mailbox
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Quote by atthedrive-thru
bring it to your neighbor and ask him what he makes of it

I don't even know him though. It would be pretty awkward.

Take the letter to the police. That letter is illegal slander. And if it actually came through the mail, that means a branch of the federal government was used to commit the crime, which makes it even juicier.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
I don't even know him though. It would be pretty awkward.

i'd do it. you sound like a pussy.

i think it's worth a shot, cause if it's true then you have a cool neighbor and if it's not then he'll just get mad at you.
Quote by PatchworkMan
Take the letter to the police. That letter is illegal slander. And if it actually came through the mail, that means a branch of the federal government was used to commit the crime, which makes it even juicier.

you know what. I like you're thinking. That's what I'll do.

Did any other people in the neighborhood get the same or a similar letter?
Quote by Shredder XXX
how about the way your entire country generalizes a culture by the actions of a few, citing any Americans idea of a middle eastern person.
Quote by TheIceCreamMan
Did any other people in the neighborhood get the same or a similar letter?

I don't know yet. I'll wait a couple days and see if anyone else does, or if I get more.

Quote by madbasslover
Why not contact the authorities and ask about the letter?

That could lead to more trouble for him though, cause the cops could think he was part of it all along.
Quote by PatchworkMan

It's actually libel, not slander (it's defamation more generally). It's not a crime, it's a tort - the police won't be interested. You should probably tell your neighbor that you got it if anything.
Quote by JC13
Odds are it would get sorted out quite quickly though. Unless he has one of those mailboxes on his front yard without a lock and stuff... Then it could be a little more difficult to solve the puzzle.

You're mailbox has a lock?
No, but I once did get an Italian chain mail letter (At least that what I'm guessing it was). Lot of good that fucking did me since I can read Italian.
Quote by bizkitday4eva
You know suicide is just as bad as killing yourself

Taco Man of the Jhonen Vasquez/Invader Zim Club. PM HolyWars90 to join
Quote by seljer

Maybe he is a scientologist and the letter's from /b/ trying to get him arrested.
yeaa.... i wonder who could of sent that TS

>.>

<.<
Feel free to add me on STEAM: thesystemhasfailed
XBL tag: cbiggs18
Quote by seljer

That's actually the first thing I thought of, lol
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY