I was at GC today and I picked up this fixed bridge epiphone that was like 569 bucks or so. The reason I really liked the guitar is because the strings had such a HIGH tension on it. So when I played on it, it was really easy to play on because not only was the action so low, I did not really miss any strings when I fretted it.

So my question is, what makes the tension of the strings? Is it the string brand?? If so, what do Epiphone come strung with? If that's not the contributing factor, what is? The guitar itself?

Thanks!
nope, it's a combination of the scale length, string gauge and tuning.

if you want more tension on your current guitar, increase the string guage to a higher set.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
Quote by Lemoninfluence
nope, it's a combination of the scale length, string gauge and tuning.

if you want more tension on your current guitar, increase the string guage to a higher set.

That's what I had originally thought! I play 11's on my schecter but it's still really loose on the strings if you know what I mean... any suggestions for that?
Quote by etays69
That's what I had originally thought! I play 11's on my schecter but it's still really loose on the strings if you know what I mean... any suggestions for that?

Change your strings to higher gauge ones.