What types of paint can you use for painting pedals?
also what is the best type of solder and gun to use for pedals?
Peavey Limited Exp Hss
BC Rich BW-4000BB
Schecter C-1 Classic
I would suspect you can probably use oil paints on a pedal, but acrylics would work better because they don't wash off with water. Once that's dry, it's there forever (unless you use a paint thinner or some such).
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Oil paints aren't water soluble either, oil and water don't mix. That said, I have no idea how good they are for pedals.
For soldering a PCB, I used a 15W/30W dual heat iron, and I found the higher wattage to be MUCH easier to use than the lower. When it comes to solder, get some light-duty(thinner) lead-free solder. Radioshack rosin core worked fine for me, but I've heard their solder is shitty.

For my first soldering job, with a shitty 10 dollar radio shack iron and solder I was able to do well enough I got comments for clean soldering. Just make sure you read up a bunch on tips. http://www.buildyourownclone.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6401 <-this post helped me ALOT.

Good luck! What are you building?
Epiphone Masterbilt DR-500M
Ibanez GAX-70
Crate V-18 112
BYOC Overdrive TS808 Clone
Vox Pathfinder 15R
I also use Radioshack solder, though mine still has lead in it. I have no issues.
I have one of those 15w/30w irons and prefer using it on 30w. Especially with desoldering, I think that the quicker you can do a contact, the cleaner and less likely to burn something.
If you are going to do a solid colour finish you could shoot a couple of coats of thinned hammerite. It is primer, base and paint coats all in one.
Quote by Raijouta
I would suspect you can probably use oil paints on a pedal, but acrylics would work better because they don't wash off with water. Once that's dry, it's there forever (unless you use a paint thinner or some such).

Acrylics are water soluable, therefore, they wash off with water until they are completely dry; in which case, they are harder. Oil based are more toxic and they do not wash off with water. I would use an enamel, like a car paint; something you could find at an automotive or hardware store, ie, Home Depot.